Reports To: Advisory Board
The Director of Client Benefits will manage the financial aspects of the individuals in supported living for whom Compass is the representative payee/authorized representative for benefits.
- Supervise the Financial Benefits Coordinators
- Ensure that Compass manages individuals’ checking accounts and budgets
- Reviews submitted balance sheets and generate individual monthly financial summaries
- Manage individuals’ benefits including Medicaid, Social Security benefits, and Food Stamps
- Train/Report staff non-compliance with individuals’ monthly financial documentation to the Director of Community Services and Advisory Board
- Communicate to team members including guardians, case managers, and individuals monthly.
- Develop and maintain a database for individuals who are without Medicaid, Social Security, or SNAP benefits
- Develop and maintain a database for consumer bills
- Generate a monthly consumer finance report for the Quality Improvement Committee
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field or equivalent years of work experience
Skills & Abilities
Ability to apply sound, mature decision making
Good interpersonal skills: being courteous, professional, and helpful Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principals Knowledge of Medicaid, SNAP, and Social Security benefits Technologically proficient
Computer experience: Word, Excel, QuickBooks, Outlook Problem solving in respect to consumer and staff needs
Prioritize tasks that need completion in order of timeliness and importance. Work effectively with internal and external representatives.
Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Acceptable criminal (State and County) histories
I have read and understand this job description. I also understand this job description is not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities and other duties may be assigned as needed by the organization. This job description can be changed at the discretion of the organization and is not an employment contract of any kind.