The Stratford at West Clay, Carmel's premier Retirement
Community is now accepting applications for Director of Fitness /
Wellness Director. This position is part of the Executive Team and
collaborates to deliver outstanding customer service and develops an
engaging wellness program for the members/residents that integrates
and meets their interests and needs.
The Wellness Director is responsible for implementing standards
of exercise, wellness, and senior health at the community and
overseeing accurate documentation concerning programming and
participation in the wellness program. The Wellness Director designs
and implements an all inclusive wellness program that addresses the
components of physical fitness and health related to the geriatric
Experience and Skills:
- High school graduation or GED required.
- Four year college or university degree desired (preferably in
Exercise Science or related field).
- Certifications in CPR, AED, and Group Exercise REQUIRED.
- Certifications from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, ASFA, NSCA or other
nationally recognized and accredited fitness association preferred.
- Aquatic certification preferred.
B. Direct Previous Experience
- Group Exercise instructor experience required.
- Three years experience as a personal trainer desired.
- Three years of exercise or wellness experience with seniors desired.
- One to three years experience teaching aquatic based classes
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
Outlook) plus the
willingness to learn other computer programs if required.
- Ability to work with minimal or close supervision.
- Must conduct all business with a professional manner and with
a high level of
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving
record as specified by the Company and by the Company’s automobile
- Work indoors for the majority of the work day (fluorescent
system, carpeted, concrete and tile flooring, normal exercise
and pool facility
noise levels and temperatures).
- Climb up to two flights of stairs occasionally.
- Lift objects of 25 pounds or less over the head.
- Move objects of 40 pounds or less.
- Ability to work in time-sensitive or stressful situations.
- Sit in a chair / stand for extended periods.
- Respond to medical emergencies in all areas of the community
- Assist with member/resident evacuations.
26 days of PTO + PTO Payout Program, 401k with company match,
Education Reimbursement, Free Teladoc and Medical/Dental/Vision benefits.