Reporting directly to the Client's VP of Operations, this exempt position will use specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education, experience, specialized training and/or certification to maintain and improve Client's operations and product through best use of technology. This role is responsible to help the Client continue to function as efficiently as possible and successfully develop strategies to remain a leader in product delivery. The IT Director is responsible for the IT infrastructure to allow for accurate, secure and efficient reporting for their team and external partners, as well as effective roll out of any upgrades to the product. This position will identify reporting issues either connected to speed, data accuracy or security and work to create reporting that drives successful client performance and more efficient reporting processes for Client.
- Understands organization's business strategies and translate them into a definition of information technology architecture strategy that aligns IT capabilities with business objectives for stability and growth.
- Provides guidance related to technical planning in our strategic discussions, including cost efficiencies to continue to progress our ability for successful growth.
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Ensures security of existing applications and processes through appropriate policies and procedures.
- Audits all systems for continual assessment of security in all areas related to use of technology or data delivery to insure constant product stability.
- Creates practice standards that allow certification of the client to gain and maintain HITRUST Certification.
- Produces, with VP of Operations, detailed timeline for each application release and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status.
- Reviews all designs, code and unit test plans where applicable.
- Leads in the design and development of IT solutions by preparing and evaluating system alternatives.
- Responsible for all IT infrastructure and system use including internal staff utilization of equipment.
- Organizes new system requirements to meet client needs and budgetary obligations.
- Maintains system documentation either directly or through team members
- Responsible for new hires, consultants and/or replacement personnel for IT services.
- Develops current team members to help them achieve both business and personal goals.
- Lead and provide technical guidance for design and implementation of data storage and governance systems.
- Server maintenance
- Hardware maintenance
- Modifying structure of incoming data to fit into the Client reporting tool.
- Develop automated methods of checking for data accuracy and completeness on a monthly basis.
- Maintain, support, and enhance the business intelligence data backend, including data warehouses.
- Maintain software used to deliver business intelligence reporting, including technical outreach to software support and implementation of new programing.
- Provides support and performs SQL reporting needs
- Use SQL to address specific needs not met through our traditional reporting product.
- Create efficient process, when SQL is needed, for ongoing reports to answer reporting questions.
- Manages program upgrades, communications and documentation of system design.
- Project manager for technical development utilizing both internal staff and external consultants. Manages processes within timelines and budgets.
- Directly able to provide minor coding edits to our reporting products.
- Responsible for Access to all Client products
- Supervisory Responsibility:
- This position is an administrative role within the Client organization that will provide consultative supervision of the Client reporting and oversight of staff.
- This position has access to highly confidential information, which will require exceptional confidentiality to protect the privacy of clients as well as Client's intellectual property.
- Independent Action and Judgement:
- Must be able to make decisions concerning responsibilities with regard to priority and be disciplined and organized in the efficient use of time
- This position displays a willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes the appropriate people in the decision-making process; makes timely decisions
- Contacts Internal/External:
- This position will have contact with staff at all levels within the organization, up to and including senior management. The successful applicant must be able to communicate well with all LHD employees and external vendor partners
- Work Environment:
- This position will be required to perform a variety of tasks, work under general supervision and must be able to manage competing demands.
• High degree of integrity, reliability and trustworthiness
• Able to focus on the larger picture while tracking details to achieve success
• Organized and able to multi-task
• Self-starter and a results-oriented problem solver
• Entrepreneurial team player that has a strong belief in the corporate mission
• Internally driven and self-motivated
• Strong communicator and collaborator
- BS in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field preferred
- At least 5 years' experience as an IT Director
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server BI tools: SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, PowerPivot, Power View.
- Proficiency in SQL including the use of SQL editors, stored procedures, database triggers and optimizing SQL statements.
- Strong knowledge of data warehouse concepts including: data modeling, data quality, ETL, reporting, analytics, and visualization.
- Strong knowledge of data security and efficient program operations.
- Experience designing and developing Data Visualizations.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel 2013 or later, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or later.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Works well both independently or as part of a team
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; an individual who can professionally and positively impact both internal, as well as external clients and customers
- Passion for Client's mission and ongoing commitment to outstanding customer service
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com.
"Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”