Vaco Technology (A Talent Solutions Firm) Is currently looking for a Director of IT Infrastructure for a direct hire role in Indianapolis. The purpose of this position is to provide a sound and secure information technology environment that supports client's business and technical requirements including Local and Wide-area networking hardware and connectivity, server hardware/software, E-mail, backup solutions, security, cloud computing and policies and procedures development.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for planning and managing all server, LAN/WAN, Operating System, and networking/computer security for all corporate and field systems.
- Lead and direct the planning, development, implementation, security and management of the infrastructure technology. This position also plays a key role in the development and implementation of sound policies and procedures to ensure quality and security.
- Supervises technical employees by fulfilling responsibilities including but not limited to planning, scheduling, delegating, appraising, coaching, counseling, and teaching; supports corporate business/operational systems and policies, procedures, and practices relative to supervisory responsibilities.
- Project Manage Technical Services infrastructure projects to ensure participation by affected stakeholders, risks are identified and communicated, and projects are completed on-time and within the assigned budgets.
- Assist the Exec. Vice President of Technology Services with corporate and strategic planning. This involves keeping abreast of new technologies by planning and coordinating the research, analysis, evaluation and possible implementation of new technologies that support the corporate goals and objectives.
- Participates in the preparation of the Technical Services budget and closely monitors the infrastructure portion of the budget. Reports Budget to Actual variances on a monthly basis.
- Ensures on-going, timely completion of assigned responsibilities and tasks identified in the Disaster Recovery Plan.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Technology required.
- 10-15 years of progressive experience in computer technology with an emphasis on leading scaled, enterprise level infrastructures and services
- 3-5+ years leadership/direcorship experience required.
- Experience developing and communicating technology security related policies and procedures.
- Experience in the electric utility industry required.
- Master's Degree in Computer Technology or MBA preferred.
- Cisco, Microsoft, and CISSP or similar security certifications are a plus
- Five plus years designing, implementing and supporting complex infrastructure environments preferred.