New Competitive Hourly Rate:
- $16.00/hr - $18.50/hr
- Varies based on position and shift
DICK’S Sporting Goods is seeking a full-time Material Handler to join our distribution center team in Plainfield, IN and we have multiple shifts available!
Material Handler Teammates at the DICK’S Sporting Goods Distribution Center are responsible the movement of merchandise from one functional area to another either manually or by operating power equipment within the Plainfield Distribution Center.
Material Handler Shift:
Multiple Shifts Available!
Immediate Full Time Openings Available Now!
At DICK’S Sporting Goods, our goal is to be recognized by our customers as the number one sports and fitness specialty retailer for athletes and outdoor enthusiasts, through the relentless improvement of everything we do. Our formula for success is simple: we offer a wide selection of authentic sports, fitness and outdoor merchandise in a convenient, shopper-friendly environment that is also safe as we continue to take numerous safety precautions to help keep our athletes and teammates safe.
Essential Functions include:
Performs unloading, loading, staging & warehousing of cartons, practicing safe & secure procedures & following proper material handling methods for maximum productivity
Safely Operates manual and mechanical equipment according to procedures
Completes all documentation neatly and accurately and reports any errors found to Department Supervisor
Verifies purchase order, location numbers, case pack quantities and other information prior to receiving, picking or loading merchandise
Must determine where pallets are to be placed in locations based on box size and product
Practices safe and secure material handling methods and distributes merchandise properly in accordance with processing standards
Performs spot checks of system to ensure merchandise is sorted properly
Other duties as assigned
Reasons you'll love working at DICK's Sporting Goods
- Competitive Hourly Rate & Benefits!
- PLUS shift differential for 2nd & weekend shift!
- Career development
- Casual dress
- 25% store discount
- Stay Active: you'll be on the move throughout your shift in our fast paced environment
- Onsite Gym
- Climate Control
- Must achieve equipment operator certification on the job
- Must pass a background check and drug screen
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, push, pull & lift cartons/bins weighing approximately 10-50 pounds repetitively
- Ability to keep pace with production standards
- Basic reading comprehension and numerical reasoning skills
- Manual dexterity
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
DICK'S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.