We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
The Distribution Excellence Manager 'owns the building,' overseeing all operational and administrative facets of the Distribution Center (DC) to ensure compliance with all Company guidelines, policies and federal and state regulations in order to protect the Company’s assets. The DC manager is accountable for delivering performance in each of the five Balanced Scorecard dimensions: safety, quality, delivery, cost, and people. The DC Manager develops and leads talent with the DC across the warehouse, delivery, and administrative departments. The DC Manager supports and leads rollout of ATD's SEAL program.
Safety: Establishes and assures safe and compliant work environment with a target of minimizing the Total Case Incident Rate (TCIR) Quality: Conducts reviews and interventions to ensure the accuracy of physical inventory against virtual inventory customers see when placing orders, and efficiency of processing returned goods, with customers receiving credits in a timely manner Delivery: Engages drivers and warehouse staff to ensure on-time and complete deliveries Cost: Reviews and manages DC cost productivity, driving toward efficient labor and delivery costs per unit handled and delivered. Manage DC expenses to achieve monthly and annual budget/plan as assigned by the Company. People: Develop and lead talent within the DC. Plan, develop and implement people strategy in conjunction with Company for personnel management and development, including recruitment, selection, disciplinary procedures, grievances, counseling, pay and conditions, training and development, succession planning, morale and motivation, culture and attitudinal development and performance evaluations. Compliance: Ensure full compliance with OSHA, DOT, ADA and other governmental regulatory agencies while complying with Company policies concerning health and safety. Team leadership: Lead daily and weekly meetings with staff to identify and address issues, and communicate messages and relevant changes from other parts of the Company. Reporting and tracking: Develop, update, and share regular reports of DC performance with key internal audiences. Develop and make available information on returns, delivery status, delivery issues, credit hold, and other admin activities Inventory management and control: Serve as the on-site inventory control expert. Coordinate and oversee all inventory procedures and systems including Bin Location System, WMS, inventory receiving, shipping, transfers and physical count comparisons. Accounts receivable: Manage Accounts Receivable at the local level, including responsibility for collections, overnight charges, end of day reporting, and account reconciliation
- Warehouse and delivery supervisory teams, including DC Supervisor and DC Lead
- Administrative staff
Key Partners (Positions):
- Region Market Specialist
- Market Sales Director
- Manager Car Dealer Program (Auto Sales Managers)
- Corporate Sales Manager(s)
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: Minimum high school graduate or GED; preferred Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years distribution center or warehousing experience; preferred 5 years or greater
- Experience leading people and managing high-performing teams preferred
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable
- Distribution and Processing -- Knowledge of materials, warehouse processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective distribution of goods.
- Administration and Management -- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Developing and Building Teams -- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Management of Financial Resources -- Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, in the most cost effective manner available, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards -- Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Coaching and Developing Others -- Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Oral Expression and Comprehension -- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Expression -- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Reading Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Basic math - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission proportions, percentages and area. Ability to apply concepts of basic business math.
Computer programs - Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Capacity and desire to master other Company tools such as Oracle Discoverer and WMS, Road Net, etc.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: Travel as required throughout the geographic area within the assigned region, with up to 10% overnight stays.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R14670