Large manufacturing concern is seeking a Manager, Distribution Center Operations for a location in greater Indianapolis area. The Manager will be responsible for the production and distribution planning functions of all manufactured &/or sourced finished goods. Will ensure that the business unit objectives are achieved for working capital (inventory) and customer service (fill rates) while ensuring the effective use of manufacturing/distribution assets and/or vendor capabilities. And provides leadership for the Logistics Planning function.
The Manager will partner with the HR Manager in the recruiting, training and development activities for the site. Will have regular and continuous interaction with internal Industrial Sales Management and Marketing resources within company.
• Improve total delivered quality & service to the distributor network.
• Improve and implement Inventory planning methods to insure outstanding service levels while creating better order visibility and improved tracking of orders throughout the entire fulfillment cycle (order acceptance through customer delivery).
• Identify, implement and improve cross docking opportunities to reduce inventory costs.
• Reduce internal & external lead times (order-to-shipment, shipment-to-delivery cycle times).
• Improve transactional accuracy (perfect order %).
• Meet customer expectations through a seamless transfer of product and information
• Ensure consistent lead times & on-time shipment (adherence to ship schedule).
• Reduce distribution & transportation costs (fulfillment costs as a % of sales).
• Increase network visibility and improve shipment pooling optimization.
• Improve inventory accuracy (cycle count unit & dollar accuracy).
• Improve operational efficiencies throughout the order fulfillment cycle.
• Optimize distribution network, from location analysis, through contract management and service reviews for external warehouses.
• Supervision team including Managers, Supervisors, hourly and temp employees.
• Experience in a multi-shift operation.