Company has a powerful purpose – “Helping people on their path to better health.” To enable this purpose, we have several initiatives, existing and new, that are re-inventing pharmacy and enabling better health outcomes. In the Retail Field Organization we support our company’s purpose by ensuring we have exactly what our consumers and patients need when they need it. In addition, we offer innovative clinical programs and services to ensure our patients are adherent to their prescribed regimen.
As a Division Vice President, Retail Field Operations, you are a dynamic and inspirational leader with an extraordinary track record of achieving results in a complex environment. You will have responsibility for a retail division consisting of approximately 1000+ locations across multiple states including upwards of 20,000 colleagues.
You will impact our business in the following ways:
• Your role leads opportunity and strategy development, presents recommendations and implements programs that will bring retail store operational effectiveness to new heights. This includes but is not limited to: driving effective sales and script growth; implementing innovative prescription and customer service strategies that differentiate CVS pharmacy from our competitors; providing purpose driven service to our customers; caring for our colleagues in a way that engages, inspires and develops each of them; reinforcing our focus on community responsibility in a highly regulated industry.
• You will develop and implement strategies that will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the retail store operations to include patient adherence and safety, P&L performance, real estate, customer service, community responsibility and colleague engagement.
• You will strategically partner with Retail leaders in Pharmacy and Store Operations, Logistics, Real Estate, Inventory, Merchandising, Compliance and Human Resources to identify opportunities and implement plans that will engage our colleagues, enhance patient outcomes, improve store service, optimize in-store processes, ensure service excellence, and drive sales.
• You operate with strong business acumen and have accountability for the overall P&L for the retail stores within your Division.
• Finally, you are accountable for leadership development, succession planning and engagement programs for the Division to ensure we have the appropriate level of talent to support current and future needs of the organization. You will develop and mentor the next generation of extraordinary leadership talent for our growing organization.
• 12+ years of demonstrated successful leadership experience in a highly competitive multi-unit environment. Relevant sectors include retail, healthcare, CPG, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and break down highly complex situations to deliver impactful solutions in real time. Track record of actively taking on issues in a decisive manner, while keeping broader organizational dynamics in mind. Ability to think about the impact of decisions on the broader enterprise.
• Consistent record of building successful teams and developing key talent. Demonstrated passion for bringing new leaders along and helping them realize their ability to impact the business.
• Ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization. Ability to collaborate effectively across different business functions, different perspectives, and different styles of leadership.
• Demonstrated abilities to lead under pressure, adapt to changing dynamics and find solutions that satisfy multiple ‘customers’ of the business.
• Ability to travel regularly, up to 75%
• 15+ years of successful leadership experience in a multi-unit enterprise retail organization
• Pharm D Preferred
• Master’s Degree Preferred
• Bachelor Degree Required