- Work directly under the supervision of the Teacher or Lead Classroom Technician of his or her treatment room.
- Assist with the supervision of students/patients and participate in the implementation of the Individualized Educational Treatment Plan (IETP) to ensure the maximum treatment of the students/patients served.
- Maintain visual supervision of the patients at all times and ensure appropriate adult-to-child ratios are maintained.
- Ability to use the appropriate and approved discipline techniques under the guidance of the Teacher or Lead Classroom Technician.
- May attend and actively participate in job-related center functions such as parent meetings, peer reviews, conferences with supervisors, staff workshops, and job orientations, as directed by supervisor(s).
- May represent the program to parents, visitors, and the public in a positive way.
- Maintain a clean, safe, healthy and sanitary learning environment for students/patients.
- Assist the Teacher or Lead Classroom Technician with documentation (i.e., Daily Record of Service forms, Credible Classroom Documentation, Monthly Objective Tracking forms, Daily Send Home Notes, Meal Count, and Lesson Plans), as requested.
- Effectively intervene to de-escalate patients, and if applicable may have to effectively administer a therapeutic hold including the debriefing (Teachable Experience).
- Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- In states where a paraprofessional is required, successful completion of education paraprofessional training.
- One for more years’ experience working with children with developmental disabilities and/or special needs preferred and preferably in a group care setting.
- Current state Paraprofessional Certification, where required.
- CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First aid may be required based on state or facility.
ADDITIONAL REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum 21 years of age.
At Resource Treatment Facility this position works under the supervision of the Director-Education not the teacher or lead classroom technician. It also creates lessons plans for each scheduled instructional day according to standards that meet the criteria for obtaining credits through the school provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)