At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Automation/IT and data integration engineer will enable information and data flow between Manufacturing Science, Quality, Engineering, Development, Supply Chain, and Operations by leveraging IT and Process Automation Technologies. This role will support innovation evaluation and application for Manufacturing Process Automation and IT Systems with a focus on data management, data historians, advanced analytics and process optimization.
Lilly is at a critical juncture as we tool up to realize the potential of our product pipeline. We are building new processing capabilities around the world, and emphasizing emerging, cutting edge processing technologies, such as continuous processing and advanced biotech platforms. Additionally, we are recapitalizing older assets, and bringing the operational philosophies in line with current technologies.
The position requires high learning agility and an interest and/or background in control programming and data integration, analytics, and visualization.
The primary focus of the role will be to work with our Process Automation and IT systems to integrate data supporting a number of key corporate initiatives. These systems include (but not limited too) process automation platforms, process analytic tools and models, HMI/SCADA, Data Historians, and Manufacturing Execution systems. A high level of experience in automation architecture and technology trends is desired, with additional expertise needed in the primary areas of process automation & control and data management.
Global Process Automation & Control Engineering (GPACE) is part Lilly’s Corporate Engineering Tech Center (ETC). GPACE provides automation solutions through measurements, control, control systems, data and integration, and project delivery. GPACE is a technical resource for training, standards, and stewards of Lilly’s primary automation platforms. GPACE’s primary customers are global manufacturing, development, MQ-IT, and Global Facilities Delivery (GFD).
Key Objectives / Deliverables
- Work safely and continually look for improvements to both people and equipment safety.
- Expertise with Automation Technologies – Lead the corporation’s efforts to better engineer automation projects on all platforms.
- Data Integration –Develop robust and innovative solutions enabling our manufacturing engineers to utilize data to drive improvement decisions, identify issues, and utilize advanced analytics.
- Corporate Initiatives – support key corporate initiatives with robust data integration strategies enabling connectivity of Lilly platforms. This includes major Capital Delivery and partnerships between Lilly Engineering and IT.
- Global Application Management – own and support global automation/IT applications centrally and manage change and new enhancements utilizing best practices and GMP qualification processes.
- Lead design, development, and deployment of technical and application solutions to meet business requirements across an IT/Automation portfolio that are cost effective and sustainable
- Drive implementation and use of technology governance processes.
- Bring external and innovation focus, combined with a strong understanding of business objectives, manufacturing and quality processes and technologies. Stay current on emerging IT/OT technologies.
- Serve as a key thought leader across Corporate Process Automation and collaborate with MQ IT to maximize value through the best leveraging of information technology.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a related science field.
- Min 5 years’ experience in process automation engineering
- Min 5 years’ experience in data integration, data historians, data analytics, visualization, MES integration, and enterprise level applications
Additional Skills/Preferences :
- Core knowledge related to ISE S95 and S88 principles and IT/Automation integration
- Ability to work well with different cultures
- Experience in pharma or GMP industry
- Experience working with validated systems
- Expertise in Lilly’s preferred platforms, including Rockwell Automation, Emerson DeltaV, PMX, and Syncade
- Experience in OSI PI Data Historians and big data platforms
- Knowledge big data platforms and associated architectures such as Hadoop
Additional Information :
- There is an expectation of travel to other Lilly international locations generally not exceeding 15-20%.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.