At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The mission of engineering is to utilize sound engineering principles to safely create, qualify, maintain and continuously improve the processes, facilities and equipment needed to carry out the manufacturing mission. In support of this mission, this position will provide engineering expertise to implement robotic technologies across the Lilly manufacturing sites that result in productivity improvements, safety improvements, and variability reduction.
- Work closely with global sites and Robotics program peers to support the identification, evaluation, conceptualization, and design of global robotic systems.
- Support Global Robotics Program lab activities and application development in areas including robotic system design, 2D and 3D vision development, robot code development, End Of Arm Tooling design, rapid prototyping, vendor evaluation, and augmented / virtual reality simulation.
- Support the development Engineering Best Practices for robotic application development.
- Participate multi-disciplinary teams within manufacturing, quality and other business units to develop applications for robotic technologies and support the effective deployments at manufacturing sites.
- Conduct surveillance related to new technologies and bring them in-house as appropriate.
- Work with Global Facilities Delivery team and manufacturing sites to incorporate robotics analysis into profiles for new manufacturing assets and facilities.
- Be a champion for safety activities and a role model for diversity, ethics, and compliance.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s or masters in a science or engineering
Additional Skills/Preferences :
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to customers, business partners, and staff including good oral, written, and visual presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply solutions to different situations by understanding customer needs and applying strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize and implement various tools, systems, and processes resulting in improved operational excellence of laboratory and business operations.
- Experience in highly automated manufacturing environment preferred
Additional Information :
- Significant domestic and international travel will be required (e.g. up to one-two weeks per month)
- Will require occasional work in a manufacturing environment
- Safety equipment and / or gowning may be required
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.