At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Process Engineering Lead supports the development of key solutions or process improvements for Lilly manufacturing processes. This position is expected to bring key expertise, technical leadership and knowledge to add business value and influence manufacturing decision making. In addition, this position will lead technical analysis, solution development through personal expertise, laboratory experimental efforts, and direct interactions with manufacturing sites and functional areas.
- Partner with TS/MS and Quality to develop, validate, and improve processes within the small molecule network and drive continuous platform improvements.
- Collaborate with development (e.g. Small Molecule Design and Development) to develop process operations and manufacturability of different molecules and platforms.
- Partner with manufacturing sites (Internal and External API Manufacturing) to solve current manufacturing issues and work on long term technology solutions. Lead and support efforts to drive optimization and reliability of unit operations.
- Support sites in continuing to build key technical capabilities for Small Molecule processing and support successful tech transfer of products.
- Engage proactively on technology choices for major capital projects and support those projects through design oversight and technical analysis to support implementation.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines (automation, mechanical, instrument) and technologists to provide & assess innovative solutions.
- Support Due Diligence activities for the corporation as needed.
- Provide knowledge sharing and mentoring through technical reports, presentations and direct interactions.
- Leverage external resources to stay current in specific area of technology expertise and when necessary to complement internal resources.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Chemical engineering preferred)
- Minimum 10 years of experience including design and manufacturing support in small molecule Development or Manufacturing
Additional Skills/Preferences :
- Analysis and PC skills including appropriate modeling and math capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Successful candidate will frequently work independently and, as such, must be a self-starter and capable of working with little direction
- PE desired, but not required.
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) preferred but not required
Information for Internal Employees :
If you are currently in a technical path role, but outside of the posting band, you may apply. You will be hired at your current level. For example: Current P4 (tech ladder), Posting R1-2 tech ladder, hire will occur at P4.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.