Environmental Scientist/Field Chemist:
This individual will be in the field gathering material/ non volatile chemicals from clients such as laboratories, schools, and manufacturing facilities.
-Will also be responsible for-
- Manifest Documentation
- Preparing material for safe transportation and removal of said material
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Assist in the segregation of chemicals by hazard class; packing compatible materials in appropriate containers and preparing for transportation; completing necessary paperwork per job.
- Determines and loads supplies needed for job completion and travels to various industry, laboratory, and school sites to perform lab pack services.
- Assists in characterizing materials at field project sites.
- Follows proper placarding and load segregation requirements when transporting hazardous materials.
- Introductory knowledge of high hazard materials management /assessment and cylinder handling
- Assist in segregation of chemicals by hazard class
- Develop good client relations by effectively communicating with customers
- 75% of the time will be in the field exposed to the weather while loading the box truck with material/non-volatile chemicals - mainly in state travel
- 25% of the time will be spent in the office doing documentation
- Four year college degree within Chemistry, Environmental Field, or similar
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
- Must have a valid drivers license--> 40 hour Hazwoper highly preferred
- DOT PLUS / RCRA PLUS / CDL Class B- highly preferred
- Monday- Saturday 7:00am- 5:00pm | Based on a 40 hr work week with 10-15 hours of OT
- Mandatory Saturday work for the first 2 months to gain experience quickly
- 6 month Contract- Hire | Full benefits offered during contract period
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.