The ideal candidate will work as a team member and/or independently as a liaison between a production facility and the Sales Team, Engineering Team, and customers. This position calls for a highly effective communicator who will have daily contact with customers and provide technical support of panel product sales, application engineering, and estimating. This entails taking rudimentary product specifications from various sources and developing a cost effective end solution that satisfies customer requirements. The candidate will be responsible for taking preliminary specifications from an initial proposal and quote process through delivery of the final product to the customer’s site. Therefore, a solid working knowledge of MRP, manufacturing /assembly processes, UL codes, and HVAC or BAS System panel installation procedures is highly important.
Position Responsibilities and Requirements
• Have the ability to take minimal verbal and written specifications and generate BOM’s, panel quotes, and provide lead times to customers and the field sales team.
• Maintain a strong working knowledge of the company’s/supplier’s manufacturing capabilities in order to translate design intent and technical recommendations to the customer.
• Assist in generating new business opportunities within the existing customer base and with new business development for both standard and custom panels.
• Work with the Engineering Department to interpret specifications and customer requirements.
• Select and price the most effective panel, component and/or assembly solutions for the application based on customer specifications, industry standards, and corporate design and manufacturing parameters.
• Generate technical CAD (2D or 3D) or Microsoft Visio drawings as required to support sales proposals.
• Work with the Engineering and Manufacturing Teams in specifying, selecting, and sourcing new parts, components, and suppliers as may be required for the most effective panel and/or assembly solutions.
• Prepare clear, complete, and accurate proposals/estimates from customer specifications, customer equipment, and industry standards with a minimum of supervision.
• Prepare the required documentation for the processing of Engineering release documentation.
• Follow-up with customers or representatives on quotations, deliveries and installation issues.
• Work with Manufacturing to properly expedite a job through production to meet customer delivery request dates.
• Work with Engineering and Purchasing departments, as well as directly with vendors to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
• Work with component manufacturers and vendors to acquire required drawings, models and documentation to support up-front engineering efforts.
• Maintain and update technical knowledge of company products and competitors' products.
• Have a strong background and ability to layout products within an HVAC or BAS control panel and provide detailed wire diagrams. Ability to make suggestions and recommendations to maintain a competitive stance in the market place and reduce installation times.
• Work with Customer Service Department on items such as backorders, warranty parts, RMA's, and spare parts lists.
• Clearly communicate and update management on changes, areas where management support may be needed, delays, scheduling conflicts, internal and/or external obstacles, etc.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of competitor products, pricing, and their strengths and weaknesses.
• Willingness to travel approximately 5-10%
• Any other duties as assigned or apparent.