Tentative Schedule: This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Sunday, Schedule Varies
The Event Marketing Specialist is responsible for representing and marketing the O'Reilly Auto Parts brand at major national and regional company sponsored events (e.g. NASCAR, NHRA, car shows, etc.) with the aim of growing and enhancing the O'Reilly Auto Parts brand and image through event activation. This team member must work independently and make decisions with little or no direct supervision while in the field, and exercise sound judgment in all interactions with the event-going public, external partners, and store team member volunteers. This role is also responsible for evaluating new and existing sponsorship opportunities and making recommendations regarding sponsorships.
***This position is located in the Indianapolis, IN area***
Essential Job Functions
- Represent the O'Reilly Auto Parts brand and convey a positive brand image at major company sponsored events.
- Create and activate O'Reilly Auto Parts marketing display to maximize impact on-site and drive traffic to display.
- Write detailed reports on all events.
- Evaluate and recommend new sponsorship opportunities in their region.
- Maintain O'Reilly Auto Parts truck, trailer and event displays in show ready condition at all times.
- Act as a liaison between O'Reilly Auto Parts and key external stakeholders such as track personnel, show promoters and O'Reilly Auto Parts suppliers.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two years OAP store or DC experience (or equivalent parts knowledge).
- Ability to analyze and objectively evaluate new and existing opportunities.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to lead/direct others.
- Must present a professional company image and positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent driving skills and driving record.
- Self-starter; able to work and make sound decisions without direct supervision.
- College degree with emphasis in Marketing or Advertising.
- Event marketing experience.
- Experience in over-the-road trucking and/or towing a trailer.
- Knowledge of and interest in motorsports.
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.
<span class='hidden jd-select'