Fire Up Your Career
Firebirds is seeking a Executive Chef to join our team. Our team takes pride in our scratch-made kitchen, unique ambiance, and strong sense of values. Firebirds is currently operating at 50 locations—and continues to open new locations each year! We are excited about our rapid growth and looking forward to our market expansion moving into 2019 and beyond. These openings provide endless opportunities of advancement for all our Chefs and Managers!
We are searching for a talented, passionate Executive Chef to join our team. We are looking for an individual that has experience in a high-volume kitchen and has experience managing a team. This individual must also be self-motivated, driven, passionate for learning, and able to excel in a creative, yet structured environment. This individual must have excellent communication skills and must always maintain a professional appearance and supportive manner —as our Executive Chefs lead by example and maintain an important presence in the kitchen.
Our Executive Chefs are responsible for all back of house team members, operations, and food production. Our Executive Chefs develop and lead team members by coaching and providing feedback on job performance. This individual is accountable for creating a positive environment that sets expectations for food quality and a clean, organized kitchen. This individual must be able to remain calm and composed in high pressure situations. Our Executive Chefs play a vital role in the execution of hospitality.
What we expect of you:
- Manages back of house team members, operations and food production for the restaurant and FIREBAR®
- Trains and develops Sous Chef
- Provides direction and training to team members by coaching, counseling and providing feedback on job performance
- Cross trains team members—evaluates, encourages, and teaches team members to improve and widen their kitchen knowledge on each station
- Supervises and participates in butchering and portion control on each shift
- Responsible for creating a positive environment that sets the expectation for quality food and a neat, clean and organized kitchen
- Responsible for team development by interviewing and hiring back of house team members to maintain staffing goals
- Accountable for ordering produce, seafood, and main food orders
- Conducts inventory bi-weekly in a team effort
- Comfortable working in a team driven kitchen and closely works with all managers
- Serving our Stakeholders: We work together to provide a warm, welcoming environment, not only for our guests but also our team members. We aim for outgoing, positive personalities that help us provide extraordinary experiences through the dishes created in the back of house and the level of service executed in the front of house.
- Enriching Experiences: We work hard but we also play hard. We implement several opportunities for our team members to win fun, exciting prizes. Nothing like some good healthy competition to spice up the work day!
- Exceeding Expectations: We pride ourselves in maintaining quality throughout all restaurant operations, such as; food production, sanitation standards, and service execution. We create extraordinary experiences through personalized hospitality— it is all about the tiny details.
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent earning potential
- Attainable bonus paid every other pay period
- Comprehensive training
- Two paid vacations annually
- Competitive benefits— 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- New store openings— several growth opportunities for all team members!
- Holiday closures— closed on Christmas and Thanksgiving Day; early closures on the Fourth of July, Christmas Eve, and Superbowl Sunday!