About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Facility Manager/Central Utility Plant (CUP) Manager
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has a need for a Facility Manager at a pharmacy distribution facility in Whitestown, IN. This position reports to the Regional District Manager. The Facility Manager shall be able to direct, monitor, and oversee contractor staff and subcontractors necessary to execute all operations and maintenance requirements and quality control as described in this Performance Work Statement (PWS) and IAW established regulatory requirements. The Facility Manager will be responsible for managing preventative maintenance tasks as well as service calls and taking immediate action to resolve emergency situations or system breakdowns. Overtime and shift work may be required and must be available by cell phone when off- duty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have extensive experience and knowledge in CUP Operations to include chiller and boiler operations and all associated equipment in the respective systems.
- Receive and respond to requests from the Client’s Representative.
- In accordance with prescribed procedures and performance limitations outlined by the established maintenance protocols, operate those elements of the system for which EMCOR is responsible
- Responsible for operation and maintenance requirements of the assigned onsite maintenance personnel, ensuring services are accomplished in an effective and efficient manner.
- Implement those elements of the operations, routine & preventive maintenance and support services programs, which are assigned to the shift.
- Issue directions and instructions to assigned shift personnel as required. Evaluate personnel performance capabilities and training on a regular basis.
- Ensure required operating logs and maintenance forms are completed accurately and clearly and that these are submitted to the Client in a timely manner.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance per contract specifications.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations, initiate emergency operations procedures and advise the Client’s Representative / Security when resolution of an emergency exceeds the capability of the shift personnel.
- Control, maintain accountability, and oversee the issuance and use of spare parts and tools.
- Train and direct assigned Mechanics on Facility SOP’s.
- Perform any additional duties on an as needed basis, where such duties are within the scope of contractual obligations.
- Safely and skillfully use all types of related hand and power tools.
- Must have an extensive knowledge on CMMS systems and their functions.
- Must be able to multi-task in day to day operations and have enhanced administrative skills.
- Using Microsoft programs, especially Excel, is a must.
- Desired, Graduate of a Technical or Trade School, with training in mechanical or related systems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, and operation of Commercial Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Fire Life Safety Systems.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing and supervising maintenance personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Client’s Representative; ability to write effectively in preparing reports and forms.
- Able to read blueprints, specifications, Building Operations Services manuals, pneumatic, and/or electric control drawings, etc.
- Valid driver’s license as required to drive any vehicles which may be assigned.
- Ability to safely climb ladders, lift heavy objects, and perform other physically demanding tasks.
- Ability to effectively manage and respond to emergency situations.
- Ability to work various schedules and shifts, including on-call.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disabled.