This position is supporting the R&D scientific support of current manufacturing processes and the commercialization of late stage development processes.
Note: This position is expected to last 18 months.
- Follow company relevant policy and SOP to ensure quality and safety standards are maintained
- Design, execute, analyze and evaluate experiments that meet the fermentation business objectives using scale-down models of manufacturing scale processes
- Ensure all experiments are well designed and documented with clear objectives
- Accurately document work in laboratory notebooks
- Technically lead and manage small scale laboratory projects as required
- Identify process improvement opportunities through data collection, mining, observation and technical report writing in collaboration with senior scientists and technicians
- Collaborate technically as required with scientists and customers in supported manufacturing areas sharing key learnings
- Provide operational support to the pilot plant and lab programs as need for team objective delivery
- Monitor and interpret processes trends and profiles using computer based control systems and data historians
- Utilize safe lab practices and encourage safe behaviors
- B.S. Degree in Microbiology or Engineering preferred or B.S. degree is an applicable academic discipline - candidates with significant applicable lab experience will also be considered
- Mastery of basic microbiology skills, aseptic technique, serial dilutions, media preparation and sterilization and microscope operation, etc.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment incorporating a variety of functional relationships and able to work independently, multitask and have the ability to prioritize activities
- Strong interpersonal skills and motivation to learn from technical colleagues
- Have good mechanical aptitude and high learning agility
About SPS at Pace Analytical
Our Scientific Professional Services division partners with companies that have scientific needs both inside and outside of the laboratory. We hire quality candidates for our lab and regulatory teams so that our customers have an elite workforce supporting their company. Our Scientific Recruiters are passionate about finding a position that is the right fit for you. We\u2019re proud to offer careers that are both challenging and meaningful- as well as a comprehensive benefits package to all of our regular, full-time employees. If you work with us, you\u2019ll be part of a dynamic team focused on delivering science better.
Pace Analytical is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, age, religion, sex, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, or gender identity.