Job Title: Lab Technician
Location: Temecula, CA.
Duration: 12 Months (with possibility of extension) Title: Field Service Coordinator
Location: Indianapolis IN 46268
Duration: 6 Months
• Achieve and maintain a positive rapport with customers in order to update them of their critical job status within specific timeframes.
• Schedule preventative maintenance, installations, and emergency calls while prioritizing the work as appropriate in any given day.
• Responsible for ordering parts and expediting orders required for the field service engineers and applications specialists.
• Use Oracle to retrieve customer and other installed base information, inventory availability, part order status, all work order updates, and to make changes as required.
• Collaborate with the field service teams to drive revenue growth by verifying and collecting purchase orders as well as identifying revenue generating opportunities.
• Check with credit department concerning credit status of customer and defined payment method (pre-payment or on account) where customers are liable for payment of support.
• Assist with the closure of service jobs as needed in order to invoice customers timely.
• Identify opportunities for combining open work to maximize efficiency of field service engineers based on specific criteria.
• Adhere to compliance requirements at all times
• Display team leadership with the ability to create and drive effective team working.
• Highly effective and demonstrated Time Management and Personal Organization.
• Familiarity with standard Computer Administrative Tools (Windows, MS Office).
• Knowledge of Oracle is preferable although not required.
• Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, ever changing team environment.
• Excellent communication skills to include proven professional, conflict management, and persuasion skills.
• Must possess strong problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated strong attention to detail while multi-tasking to achieve quality on-time completions of tasks.
• A “Do It Now” mindset coupled with a strong sense of accountability.
• Ability to work a set 9 hour shift anytime between 6am – 8pm.
• High School Degree or equivalent with 4+ years relevant experience - OR - Bachelor’s Degree or experience in customer service, call center or coordination environment preferred
Working Hours: M-F 4:00AM TO 12:30PM, PST.
The purpose of this position is:
- Under direct supervision, manufacture and package products for Life Science business unit resulting in customer satisfaction and compliance with applicable governmental and environmental health agency regulations; achievement of internal production objectives.
- Partner with R&D, Tech Transfer, Planning, Quality Assurance, Distribution, and Downstream Operations to develop and manufacture products in to meet customer needs.
- On time Manufacture of products as per needed by Planning department.
- Perform standard and new operating procedures.
- Execution of complex laboratory methods as per established procedures and support activities to resolve process and testing issues under guidance of senior staff.
- Perform procedures involving calculations and material measurements.
- Collect and evaluate data as per defined specifications.
- Operating standard laboratory equipment and preparation of routine solutions and reagents.
- Utilize software for data entry and record keeping in conformance with company and regulatory policies and standards.
- Ensure compliance with all quality and regulatory specifications and execute the manufacturing performance metrics (productivity, customer satisfaction and quality improvements).
- Train other lab personnel in established procedures and filling, labelling and packaging of products.
- Execute on objectives and planned schedules as outlined by supervisor.
- Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects.
- Comply with applicable established cGMP, FDA, OSHA, EPA, and Quality System regulations.
- Develop, write and update documents pertaining to lab procedures and product manufacturing to maintain cGMP and/or ISO compliance.
- Actively participate in troubleshooting and the identification of manufacturing and production issues.
- May assist with the research of new methods or steps in a process at direction of team management, including revising SOPs and identify inefficiencies and opportunities for process improvements.
- Assist in the implementation of manufacturing procedures intended to optimize existing processes, such as yield, time and cost, and ensure achievement of regulatory and customer requirement.
- Support R&D and Tech Transfer functions in bringing new products to manufacturing.
- Train on new SOPs, technologies etc. to support the manufacture of new products.
Education & Experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Life Science discipline with related experience, preferred.
- In lieu of Bachelor's degree in a life science discipline, a minimum of 5 years of specific and demonstrated experience will be considered.