Provides financial management and leadership in support of Chief Marketing Officer as well as the VP of Inside Sales. Responsible for the reporting of financial and operational metrics including budgeting, forecasting, and all financial support and analysis.
This role requires an effective leader in hiring, motivating and inspiring a high-performing workforce, while focusing on professional development of each team member.
Marketing Financial Support
- Provides financial analysis, including timely variance analysis during month-end close, approval and preparation of adjusting entries, and timely updates to the Vice President of Finance.
- Acts as a resource for business partners and collaborates closely with the senior leadership team, working regularly with the CMO and VP Inside Sales on lead flow and sales effectiveness online, on phone and in the field.
- Responsible for a detailed quarterly forecast for the Marketing and sales organization, which includes Revenue, Margins, and Operating Expenses, while working with Marketing leaders to identify risks and opportunities for the current period as well as full year.
- Oversees Marketing/Sales budget and strategic planning process. Works with the management team to develop strategic initiatives that will help achieve targeted growth for current and future years. Creates presentations to outline Marketing/Sales strategy and financial outlook to senior management.
- Leads financial and operational analysis for Marketing & Sales. Develops daily/monthly reporting package for senior management that covers key financial and operational metrics. Performs detailed analysis of financial results and prepare package for monthly review with President and CFO for ADT. Designs executive dashboards driving key ADT business goals.
- Critical appraisal of financial performance of Marketing channel with the intention of improving use of the function’s resources by maximizing spend opportunities and supporting growth opportunities, while employing the growing lean philosophy.
- Provides financial support in the Chief Marketing Officer’s efforts to build a leading retention and upgrade management capability that understands the churn behavior of ADT’s customer segments, the root causes of churn and the moments of truth that predict churn.
- Assures timeliness and accuracy of accounting records, including the consistent application and development of policies and the utilization of internal control procedures in operation within the unit.
- Establishes accounting classifications for Marketing/sales business expenditures as required and ensures records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- General Responsibilities
- Responsible for team leadership and development of multiple direct reports.
- Interacts with internal and external customers, employing strong customer service skills.
- Collaborates with all departments within ADT to gain perspective on how critical decisions will impact the entire organization.
- Interfaces with Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team regarding the performance of the above areas of responsibility.