Calumet Specialty Products partners, L.P. is a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. Our product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petroleum and hydrocarbon gels. Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more? Go to www.calumetspecialty.com to learn all about our amazing line of products.
PURPOSE AND ROLE:
The Financial Reporting Accountant / Analyst compiles financial data related to public financial reporting and assist in the preparation of public SEC filings, including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and Form 8-K; assist with the preparation of earnings releases and other external reporting documentation including the preparation of EPS and other financial disclosures; perform technical research of accounting literature and assess the accounting impact of transactions and arrangements entered into by the Company.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Compile financial information and prepare certain SEC filings (10-Qs, 10-Ks and 8-Ks) including financial statements and supporting schedules and disclosures
• Assist the SEC reporting group in the tie out of SEC filings
• Prepare and provide XBRL reporting component of SEC filings
• Compile financial information related to the Company's earnings releases and Form 8-Ks
• Planning and coordination of the filing
• Preparation of MD&A
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures in accordance with our SOX requirements
• Liaise with the Controller Group, Risk Management, Tax, SOX 404 Compliance, Legal, Compensation and Benefits, Corporate Finance and Investor Relations departments on a regular basis
• Assist with the research and implementation of new accounting standards, as necessary
• Review transactions entered into by the Company and assess any accounting impact
• Prepare requests quarterly and annually for both internal and external auditors
• Complete special projects as needed
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting
• 2 or more years of progressive experience in industry role
• Experience with accounting and financial reporting in accordance with GAAP, including the preparation and/or review of financial statements and footnotes of a publicly traded company
• Experience researching and documenting accounting treatment for various transactions
• CPA license
• 2-5 years of progressive experience in public accounting
• Experience with SEC filings with exposure to SEC rules and regulations
• Strong organizational and time management skills /ability to continually prioritize workload and respond to top priorities with a sense of urgency
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines
• Detail-oriented with both the ambition and willingness to dive into the details necessary to accomplish responsibilities and solve problems
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.