KAR Auction Services (NYSE:KAR) is a global Fortune 750 company headquartered in the Indianapolis suburb of Carmel, Indiana, with 17,500 employees across the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom. Our diverse team helps the world’s largest automotive manufacturers, financial institutions, insurance companies and dealer groups buy, sell and trade used vehicles. Last year we facilitated more than 5.5 million transactions valued at over $40 billion through our physical, online, and digital/mobile auction marketplaces.
We power the world’s most trusted automotive marketplaces through innovation, technology and people.
KAR Global (NYSE: KAR) provides sellers and buyers across the global wholesale used vehicle industry with innovative, technology-driven remarketing solutions. KAR Global’s unique end-to-end platform supports whole car, financing, logistics and other ancillary and related services, including the sale of nearly 3.8 million units valued at approximately $40 billion through our auctions in 2019. Our integrated physical, online and mobile marketplaces reduce risk, improve transparency and streamline transactions for customers in more than 80 countries. Headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, KAR Global has more than 10,000 employees across the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom and Europe.
Reporting to the Director of External Reporting, the Financial Reporting Analyst will assist with monthly/quarterly accounting responsibilities as well as coordinate special projects and research accounting issues that arise. This individual will assist in producing accurate financial statements that are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”) and assist in the preparation of reports to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with the preparation of consolidated financial statements and perform consolidated accounting analyses.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and the annual report on Form 10-K, as well as the preparation of other SEC filings.
- Collect and maintain all supporting documentation for financial and statistical data included in SEC filings. This process requires that a tie-out of all such information be performed for all applicable SEC filings.
- Assist with XBRL projects and initiatives. Ensure that the quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes are in compliance with current XBRL rules and regulations.
- Provide the necessary assistance and information to external auditors as needed.
- Assist in the review of Investor Relation presentations to ensure that all information included is accurate and publicly available.
- Assist with transaction specific corporate analysis and technical GAAP and SEC research. Perform research and assist in developing an implementation strategy for new accounting rules or pronouncements.
- Provide business development accounting guidance and due diligence as needed.
- Ensure proper follow-through on all directives from the Corporate Office and the Corporate Controller. Maintain a good flow of communication with the department employees and within the corporation.
- Provide assistance to other financial personnel as needed and fill in for other finance personnel as needed.
- Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- 2-4 years of public accounting experience and/or prior corporate accounting experience required.
- SEC & XBRL experience is preferred; CPA preferred.