Compassion, Accountability, Relationships and Excellence are the core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only form an acronym for C.A.R.E., they are our guiding principles and create the framework for all our relationships with customers, team members and community at large.
American Senior Communities has proudly delivered patient centered care since the year 2000, with a long history of excellent outcomes. Each of our 80+ American Senior Community is part of the neighborhood in which it exists. Our leaders and staff live in surrounding areas and know the community well. We value the same things in life that you do. The foundation of our senior living communities is based on the knowledge that we’ll be part of your neighborhood for many, many years. We take great pride in our hospitality and it is ingrained in everything we do. As partners in senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a calling.
What will you be doing and how will you make a difference at American Senior Communities?
The Float Infection Preventionist/Clinical Education Nurse is responsible for Infection Prevention and Control Program as well as assisting carrying out education, skills competencies, trainings, clinical observations, and quality assurance audit tools as directed by the Director of Nursing Services (DNS).
- A member of the facility’s QAPI program and reports to the committee on the Infection Prevention and Control Program (IPCP) and Antibiotic Stewardship Program on a routine basis and as needed.
- Monitor and tracks healthcare associated infections.
- Conducts monthly schedule of in-services and new procedure/skills training as directed by the DNS alternating program times to accommodate needs of staff on all shifts.
- Assists DNS with preparation for long-term care survey. Actively participates in long-term care survey process by instructing staff in matters of conduct and disclosure, maintaining a presence at all times surveyors are on-site and directing the timely collection of information required by the survey team.
- Completes Infection Prevention and Control/Antibiotic Stewardship and Clinical Education QAPI summary minutes and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Monitors antibiotic usage and follows Antibiotic Stewardship Program
- Monitors immunization and TB screening for residents and employees. Includes tracking and administering all PPDs and HBV for all staff and new hires. Tracking and administering all PPDs, TB screening, Influenza and Pneumococcal Vaccinations for residents.
- Licensure as Registered Nurse
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Clinical experience with an ongoing interest and enthusiasm for creating educational programs that address the unique issues associated with care of the aged.
- Advanced training in infection prevention and control by certificate or through CDC training program.
Our commitment to our team members:
- PayActiv – Have immediate access to up to 50% of your pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance available - Plans starting as low as $20 a week
- Paid time off
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Tuition assistance and up to $500 for certifications
- Volunteer community involvement opportunities
We are Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)