We are searching for an experienced Full-Time Float Universal Teller at our Service Center.
The Universal Teller Float is responsible for conducting financial transactions in an accurate, timely and professional manner. This role is also responsible for the sales and servicing of all credit union products and services, while focusing on building relationships and expanding TCU’s wallet share.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintains a high level of member service in accordance with the TCU Service Expectations.
- Responsible for processing member transactions (handling of cash and checks, account deposits, account transfers, payments, cash advances etc.) in a proficient and accurate manner within security guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of confidentiality about member account information.
- Ability to speak with members in an informative, knowledgeable, and helpful manner about TCU products and services.
- Meets or exceeds established referral and sales goals for both consumer and business members. Responsible for discovering problems, needs, and opportunities by listening for clues in conversations, asking open-ended questions, completing fact-finding follow-ups, researching members’ accounts, and assisting with product promotions.
- Assists in service center call efforts by reviewing, updating and calling prospect list, following up with members and calling on call campaigns regularly.
- May assume additional teller functions such as drawer audits, member account maintenance, and vault duties.
- Performs changes to existing accounts as requested by members.
- Complies with the credit union Check Cashing, Cash Control and Transaction Approval Limits policies. For example, Reg CC, SAR, CTR, Check handling, Reg D, BSA and etc.
- Volunteers for special projects within the scope of job responsibilities.
- Handles member concerns on account reconciliation.
- Assumes additional duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as necessary for the continued growth and advancement of the Credit Union.
- Communication, interpersonal and human relation skills needed to interact with the membership in a professional environment.
- Listening skills with the ability to measure member request and needs.
- Ability to proactively problem solve by demonstrating concern and empathy while seeking a solution that is in the best interest of the member and TCU.
- High level of TCU product knowledge with a full understanding of needs-based selling.
- Proficient cash handling skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment.
- Skills in Microsoft programs
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds at times due to coin bags associated with locations that have counting machines.
- Responsible for using product knowledge to cross-sell and clearly communicate product features to staff and members.
- Must have a full understanding of needs-based selling, practice and use of Discovery Selling techniques in accordance with TCU’s Sales Process.
- Responsible for daily decisions made within established guidelines set by the supervisor/manager, meeting pay-for-performance goals and displaying a positive image of the Credit Union.
- Accountable for understanding and applying TCU policies and procedures relating to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA/AML, CIP and OFAC).
- Responsible for using all identified security precautions about cash, checks and account management.
- Accountable for Performance Management Goals as agreed upon with Supervisor.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification.
- Six months of retail sales and/or cash handling experience or equivalent experience within a financial institution or related field is desirable.
15.0000 - 18.7500
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.