Volt Workforce Solutions is seeking a Sr Test Engineer to join our client’s team in Indianapolis, IN.
Most possess or be able to obtain a US Government Security Clearance.
The Senior Test Engineer will support all aspects of Digital & Analog design and test (amplifiers, filters, power supplies), and RF design and test as a member of a multi-disciplined engineering team. The successful candidate will possess technical ability in the development, design, and test verification capabilities. The candidate will also possess expertise in the developing of test specifications for equipment under test and troubleshooting the associated equipment under test. This includes supporting multiple military programs.
- Minimum 4 years of electronics experience w/strong technical background.
- Experience testing analog, digital and RF circuitry and a demonstrated knowledge of PC-based testing & design simulation
- Proven ability and willingness to use analytical tools to analyze and simulate hardware testing methods prior to program execution
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and apply decision making skills with minimal supervision
- Familiar with Digital, Analog and RF Instrumentation (Oscilloscope, DMM, Counter, Network Analyzer, Signal Generator, Spectrum Analyzer, Power Meter)
- Familiarity with HW/SW Integration & Test Process and Procedures
- Proven ability to function as Test/Hardware Lead
- Basic skills with LabView, or other electrical testing tools
- Basic MS Office skills
- Ability to work in a process-oriented organization
- Some travel required
- Prior experience in Assembly and Test Planning.
- Background in generation of Estimate at Completion (EAC) and Basis of Estimate (BOE) packages
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to proactively identify alternate solutions to overcome difficult technical challenges.
- Ability to prepare test related documentation with minimal revision and review.
- Programming experience with C++, LabVIEW
- Experience using ProE/Creo Schematic for electrical design
- Familiarity with Earned Value metrics
- Advanced degree in engineering or business desired
Requires a degree in Electrical Engineering or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field and four plus years of related experience OR 12 years prior relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
This is a contingent/temporary position offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Volt offers competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world’s leading companies, and a staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.