For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
This Health Engagement Nurse position is an exciting opportunity for an experienced nurse to work to promote engagement in clinical/disease management programs, helping to improve member healthcare decisions. The ideal candidate will have experience providing health education on an individual and group level, and will utilize analytic data to improve employee engagement, affordability and decision making, to deliver high impact results. The onsite nurse will help empower members to make better healthcare decisions, and connect them with the appropriate resources. This position focuses on health education, behavior modification, health care consumerism with UHC and Optum products, and engagement in the wellness program offerings. This is a field based position.
If you are located within commutable distance from Greenwood, IN, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Educate members on health education and condition management (formal and informal), as well as plan specifics and member resources, in collaboration with OptumHealth
- Referral of employees to available clinical programs including premium designated physicians
- Create, manage and implement employer specific programs based on employer needs
- Monitors and analyzes customer specific health analytic data and develops targeted data driven strategic plans and programs; provides support to clinical programs; may perform clinical assessments, non-invasive biometric screenings and associated health education and counseling
- Clinical interface with facilities and providers for resolution of issues concerning members, benefit interpretation, program definition and clarification
- Knowledge of community resources for referral and community outreach
This position requires up to 50% local travel to multiple service center locations throughout Indianapolis, IN and surrounding states includes (Michigan, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Georgia and Pennsylvania).
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Registered Nurse with active and unrestricted license for state of residence
- 3+ years of clinical experience in a hospital, acute care, home health / hospice, direct care or care management
- Solid presentation skills with proven experience delivering group presentations and 1:1 coaching
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel including the ability to navigate a Windows environment
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and localmasking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Case management experience and/ or Case Management Certification (CCM)
- 3+ years of experience in managed care with significant program management experience
- Wellness / disease management, program promotion, education and development experience
- Diabetes education experience
- Community outreach experience
- Comfortable with individual and group presentations up to 50-100
- Possess familiarity in data analysis (utilization / program outcomes) and reporting
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Self starter; ability to work with senior leadership
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Home Health RN, Corporate Wellness Coach, Wellness Nurse, Registered Nurse, RN, Nurse, Licensed, Wellness, Wellness Coach, Onsite Health Coach, Education, Health Education, Health Coach, Corporate Wellness, Home Health, Disease Management, Hospice, Case Manager, Case Management, Program Management, Health Promotion, Managed Care, MCO, Indianapolis, Greenwood, IN, Indiana, UHC, UnitedHealthcare