No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than UnitedHealth Group. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. As the Senior Health Care Economics Consultant, you will perform critical research and investigation of key business problems. Using phenomenal analytical skills, you will develop and improve quantitative data analytics and set performance targets for the enterprise. As a subject matter expert, you will interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches for its consolidation. You will lead a team in identifying potential areas for medical cost improvements and alternative pricing strategies. There are new challenges and bigger rewards around every turn. Now is the time, and this the place where you'll find a career in which you can make a big difference in our company, our industry, even our world. Join us. And start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function will be responsible for researching and investigating key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare costs data. Develop and improve quantitative data analytics and set performance targets.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead projects and provide insights to help asses outcomes
- Interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches
- Create and update automated processes
- Analyze reporting tools to investigate sources of variations
- Produce and review reports
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, pharmacoeconomics, health services research, economics, health economics, public health or a related quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of programming experience with SAS or SQL
- 3+ years of experience within healthcare industry
- 3+ years of experience with data reporting and analysis
- Advanced Excel skills
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Master’s degree within epidemiology, biostatistics, pharmacoeconomics, health services research, economics, health economics
- Reporting skills using software like Tableau, Cognos, Futrix
- VBA skills
- VBA skills with Excel, Access
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare Economics Consultant, SAS, SQL, Healthcare, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Cypress, CA, California