Praxair, Inc. is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Our products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.praxair.com.
Praxair Distribution, Inc. is seeking a Healthcare Plant Manager to join our team located in Indianapolis, IN.
As our Healthcare Plant Manager, you will manage the day-to-day operational and financial operations of our Healthcare plant. You will ensure the highest level of safety and compliance with quality regulatory requirements. The Plant Manager will be responsible for running the daily operations and assisting in the areas of service, production, manufacturing and/or maintenance to ensure the required business objectives are met in a safe and environmentally compliant manner.
The Plant Manager will also be responsible for supervising production employees and operational performance; meeting established quality, productivity and cost objectives while ensuring adherence to safety and compliance programs and leads training and compliance initiatives for the plant operations.
Healthcare Plant Manager
- Provide leadership and direction for day-to-day operation over a team of entry-level production employees to meet demand of both external and internal customers
- Coordinate production to meet daily distribution requirements — including local delivery routes as well as daily shuttle needs
- Plan daily production activities for all shifts
- Support Day to Day Distribution requirements
- Lead reliability, compliance, quality and safety programs for assigned area; ensures required government and/or environmental regulations are met
- Ensure team is fully trained in, committed to, and conduct their activities in accordance with all aspects of Praxair Safety and Quality systems and requirements, coordinating quality and safety training with Compliance Manager
- Monitor production/manpower levels within area of responsibility to ensure continued efficiency while anticipating problems and assisting with developing contingencies, reporting to plant management any problems, issues or production needs
- Identify issues and lead improvement plans in production processes, shift schedules, overtime levels, training, etc., reporting all activities to plant management
- Manage and escalate equipment and product quality issues
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of production supplies
- Oversee and manage inventory levels and complete DOT shipping documents
- Support 5S and Lean Projects and continuously identify ways to reduce plant operating costs through the incorporation of Operational Excellence strategies
- Handles routine personnel issues including training, coaching, and counseling subordinates
- Manages distribution personnel to ensure compliance with DOT and CSA program, ensuring all drivers are compliant with Linde, local, state, and federal regulations
- Manages and maintains local HQAA policies, procedures, and compliance
- Represents the site during external regulatory inspections including, but not limited to US FDA, OSHA, and State Boards of Pharmacy
- Other duties as assigned