Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, engaging and retaining a diverse workforce.
Job Description Summary:
An Infusion Nurse is a licensed clinician who coordinates and provides direct patient care in the home or alternate treatment site to ensure patient safety with continuity and compliance under a physician’s plan of care. Works under the direct supervision of the designated supervisor.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Initiates, develops and implements nursing plan of treatments; evaluating patient progress towards goals. Organizes and participates in the provision of direct patient care, performs treatments, administers medications, and educates patients and families/caregivers. Modifies plan of treatment in response to changing patient status or physician orders to achieve established or revised patient care goals.
- Assesses patient needs and physical status at each skilled visit through health data access and patient interview. Re-evaluates patient needs through physical reassessment, response to therapy, and supplemental physician orders. Obtains and clarifies physician orders for plan of treatment revisions, informs physician promptly of significant changes in patient's condition, and provides written summary to physician within supplemental order.
- Provides effective and safe teaching using patient-centered care approach for patient and family to achieve independence with prescribed therapy and care needs through active participation per plan of treatment goals.
- Effectively and timely communicates with Option Care’s Clinical team, medical providers, patients and families/caregivers to facilitate continuity of care. Prepares clinical documentation in real-time during visits and submits to the nursing department to comply with established time lines for billing optimization. Completes all documentation legibly, and applies approved abbreviations and documentation error correction practices per Option Care’s policy.
- Coordinates discharge planning and prepares discharge summaries with patient instructions and thoroughly reports patient care needs, progress and goals when transferring care.
- Demonstrates compliance with agency operations, Option Care’s policies and procedures, professional standards, local, state, federal regulations/guidelines, and accreditation standards.
- Maximizes work efficiency through the use of computers and other automation technologies to validate plan of treatment orders, communicates patient care provided, and follows assigned visit schedule. Completes Daily Activity Record paper or electronic (eDAR) accurately and legibly according to agency submission requirements at the end of each work day.
- Responds promptly and appropriately to patient requests. Initiates emergency procedures as necessary.
- Accepts accountability for own practice through ethical and professional conduct. Follows established programs and practice within policies and procedures reflective of Option Care’s mission, values and objectives.
- Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Option Care information including adherence to HIPAA regulations.
- Speaks knowledgeably about Option Care’s scope of services and effectively instructs patients about related financial obligations for care and service charges.
- Attends and completes required training modules, in-services, and continuing education to maintain competency and professional licensure for demonstrated knowledge regarding the care and management of patients in the home and/or alternate care settings. Participates in multidisciplinary team conferences and provides mentoring to other nurses for orientation and supervisory activities as assigned. Effectively provides oversight and coordination of paraprofessionals in the home setting and may act as the Supervisor in the absence of the Supervisor or Nurse Manager as applicable in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Participates in nursing department on-call responsibilities.
- Actively participates in facility process improvement program and assists Supervisor or Nurse Manager with chart audit functions as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? (i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.) No
Basic Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and at least 1 year of experience as a registered nurse or recent graduate with prior experience as an IV Certified LVN/LPN with one year professional nursing experience.
- Required license in Registered Nursing as granted by the state(s) of practice.
- Current CPR certification.
- Demonstrated competency in patient care standards required for safe delivery of services and infusion skill sets applicable to agency programs and service needs. Advanced certification and training as applicable.
- Required license to operate a motor vehicle in the state of practice with access to a vehicle for business travel with proof of liability insurance.
- Basic knowledge of computer operating systems and software applications with the ability to apply knowledge in the effective use of nursing technology tools to communicate and document care provided.
Travel Requirements: (if required)
Willing to travel up to 100% of the time for business purposes.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing as granted by an accredited school of nursing preferred.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.