Supports human resources management performing routine administrative duties: processing FMLA paperwork, placing, receiving and routing telephone calls; receiving and directing visitors, typing, filing, faxing, handling incoming and outgoing mail, ordering and maintaining supplies, and providing backup coverage to other administrative desks.
• Responsible for the FMLA Leave Administration process from initial notice of the need for leave through the return to work process. This includes providing all communication required per Department of Labor guidelines, determining leave eligibility, review of medical certification/ supporting documentation as applicable, designating leave as FMLA-qualifying and tracking / managing intermittent and reduced schedule leave usage.
• Administration of additional company offered programs in accordance with internal policy and applicable laws.
• Ensures that employees are aware of their responsibilities and maintains communication with employees and their managers/HR Business Partners throughout the entire process as needed.
• Advises managers and employees on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off and short-term and long-term disability benefits and works collaboratively with business partners to ensure leave compliance standards are met.
• Maintains communication with and provides necessary information to our disability and payroll vendors
• Oversees the return-to-work process for employees returning from continuous FMLA, or other leave(s). Ensures site specific return to work processes are followed.
• Maintains complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal requirements and documentation of best practices.
• Ensures confidentiality of employee medical documentation and files.
• Maintains knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Human resources, Outlook, Administrative support, Clerical, Data entry, Microsoft office skills, Administrative assistance, Hr support, Hris, Microsoft office, Filing, Hr administration, fmla
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- 1+ year in a Administrative Support role reporting into an HR function.
- Basic knowledge of leave requirements and other legal protections afforded by the FMLA, ADA, and other applicable laws.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of dealing with external sources and all levels of employees.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Previous experience with shared services team helpful.
Education: High School Diploma/GED required.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.