Amcor Rigid Packaging
Human Resource Representative
Amcor is a global leader in developing and producing responsible packaging for food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal-care, and other products. Amcor works with leading companies around the world to protect their products and the people who rely on them, differentiate brands, and improve value chains through a range of flexible and rigid packaging, specialty cartons, closures, and services. The company is focused on making packaging that is increasingly light-weighted, recyclable and reusable, and made using a rising amount of recycled content. Around 50,000 Amcor people generate US$13 billion in sales from operations that span about 250 locations in 40-plus countries. NYSE: AMCR; ASX: AMC
Responsible for performing human resources related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Human Resources Manager in supporting designated locations. Responsibilities include the following functional areas: talent acquisition, employee engagement & relations, payroll & benefits administration, training, and employment law compliance.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Talent Acquisition
- Update job descriptions, post requisitions, conduct interview screening and hiring manager interview scheduling, process reference and background investigations and conduct new hire orientation
- Employee Engagement
- Plan, organize and direct administration of engagement activities/services such as Service Awards, picnics, newsletters, charity campaigns, and recognition activities
- Employee Relations
- Assist with investigations and employee suggestions/complaints through fact-finding methods and provide managers with guidance toward resolution of the complaint or disposition of the suggestion with support of the Human Resources Manager
- Assist with collection of information and data for external claims
- Notify leadership of upcoming hourly reviews and ensures reviews are completed in a timely manner.
- Notify leadership of attendance corrective actions and track all hourly, non-exempt disciplinary actions
- Maintain all hourly personnel files and UltiPro records in an organized, accurate, and up-to-date manner. This includes self-audits of all files, records, and reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with all legal requirements and includes the responsibility to collect, record, and file information necessary for implementation of an effective Affirmative Action Plan
- Process bi-weekly payroll for all locations and weekly payroll for temporary staff
- Submit monthly and quarterly finance and human resource reports
- Administer benefits programs by explaining programs to employees and working with the Corporate Benefits area to resolve benefits problems
- Assist with administration of LOA documents such as FMLA, STD and LTD and tracking of employees on LOA
- Training and Development
- Maintain training records and assist with training events
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Stay abreast of current developments in employee relations and/or legal requirements through readings, professional associations, and seminars.
- Assist Human Resources Manager with other duties and tasks as required, including employee relations activities and services.
- Education: Associate's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organization Leadership or Psychology required; Bachelor’s preferred
- 3 years of experience in Human Resources required; manufacturing experience preferred
- Three years administrative experience to include demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational/time management skills and efficient use of computer software is essential
- Decision making skills, along with ability to understand pertinent laws, are critical
- Valid driver’s license
- Travel 5-10%
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.