Responsible for supporting the human resource mission for the Indiana University School of Medicine (IUSM), Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine performing a variety of complex administrative and clerical tasks related to specialized human resources programs, practice, procedures, and policies for internal and external customers. Assists with human resources generalists’ duties in the administration of day-to-day human resources functions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support day-to-day operations by performing HR-related administrative tasks. Initiate eDocs, background checks, and I-9s as needed. Monitor the status of eDocs and follow up when appropriate. Assist with the performance management process.
• Serve as a resource for faculty and staff regarding university policies and IUSM procedures. Disseminate information regarding new and updated procedures including, but not limited to: compliance, benefits, and employment policies. Assists with FMLA and WC requests and activation procedures and with various other types of leave of absence needs and assessment for eligibility in accordance with university policy.
• Performs a wide range of duties relative to the maintenance, processing, and retention of personnel records and reports. Generates appropriate letters, and electronic documents for employees. Maintains department directory, tracking and reporting needs.
• Maintains compliance with policies and procedures. Additionally, maintains knowledge of current developments in human resources regulatory practices (Federal and State) for policy implementation and practice purposes.
• Process payroll for all Department of Pathology and laboratory Medicine employees. Processes payroll adjustment vouchers. Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies. Assist new employees with questions about TIME system.
• Assist HRBP to support talent acquisition activities. Create job advertisements, post positions and manage work flow in PeopleAdmin. Serve as SME on PeopleAdmin to answer questions and train new users.
• Coordinate search committee process and serve on search committees when requested. Conduct phone pre-screening interviews. Conduct employment reference checks and provide summaries to hiring manager. Serve as a liaison with Talent Acquisition COE and the Office of Equal Opportunity to ensure compliance with university regulations.
• Provide support and information to hiring managers regarding basic procedures in the recruitment, referral, evaluation, and selection of applicants.
• Provide education, training, advice and coaching for the hiring manager as well as the search committee on talent acquisition methods and the recruitment process and the relevant university/campus policies/procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Manage pre-boarding and initial on-boarding processes for new employees ensuring timely completion of documents and welcome to the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
• Assist managers with on-boarding of new employees as needed. Recommend improvements to the on-boarding process and assist with the development of on-boarding tools.
• Serve as point person for assuring that all required documentation for off-boarding exiting employees is collected and processed in a timely manner. Schedule and assist with exit interviews termed employees.
• Attends meetings, focus groups, training sessions, conferences, and other as related to the position and self-development. Attends meetings in the absence of the human resources business partner and acts as a representative of Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Human Resources.
• Performs other duties as assigned and related to Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine objectives.