Calumet Specialty Products partners, L.P. is a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. Our product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petroleum and hydrocarbon gels. Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more? Go to www.calumetspecialty.com to learn all about our amazing line of products.
PURPOSE AND ROLE:
The purpose of this position is to provide value-added and efficient HR services to the Calumet business and its team members. The individual must be strategic in the sense
of being able to think broadly with vision and deliver results through formal
and informal influence of others, but also tactical in the sense of maintaining
strong HR service delivery and addressing day-to-day matters and solving
routine-to-complex problems that emerge.
Success in this role is based upon being able to deliver on core HR
activity as well as support delivery of key business priorities which are focused
on profitable growth.
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the successful candidate will have responsibility for providing leadership and full HR business partner support to multiple senior executives at Calumet and across multiple locations and clients.
- Accountable to lead and drive the overall People & Organization Agenda for client groups including identifying priorities and capturing opportunities to achieve business objectives overall People & Organization Agenda for client groups including identifying priorities and capturing opportunities to achieve business objectives
- Partner with business leaders and HR colleagues to address human capital priorities and needs
- Act as the single point of accountability for HR-related matters
- Lead and support necessary interventions that ensure the right people, with the right skills are in the right roles support necessary interventions that ensure the right people, with the right skills are in the right roles
- Lead all
aspects of talent management activity to ensure a sustainable pipeline of high-quality
talent across client groups
- Anticipate capability needs through well-thought and well-executed workforce plans, in partnership with business leaders
- Support or
directly fill prioritized vacancies, leveraging corporate resources and using
efficient and effective processes
- Assess key learning needs at an organizational and individual level and develop targeted talent plans to ensure organization capability is being built
- Support the development and delivery of learning programs and other learning interventions across client groups
Culture and Employee Experience
- Develop and execute plans that help shape consistently implemented, positive full life-cycle employee experience
- Help prepare the organization for, and enabling change management
- Drive and facilitate cultural and organizational development initiatives that foster a positive and high-performance culture including employee engagement surveys and action planning, communications, recognition, and effective management practices, etc.
Employee & Labor Relations
- Provide oversight and be involved in labor relations matters, including contract negotiations, arbitration, grievance handling and employee discipline
Reward & Recognition
- Manage efficient and effective salary planning and promotion processes
- In partnership with Compensation & Benefits colleagues, ensure competitive salary and benefits offer in order to attract and retain high quality talent
- Build and execute plans that reward and recognize desired performance and overall high-performance work culture
Planning & Performance
- Drive systematic delivery of HR services, including leveraging technology to improve HR service delivery
- Measure, analyze and report human capital performance
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
- Manage key projects; programs and initiatives, as necessary
- Participate in Group-wide projects, programs and initiatives, as necessary
- Supervisor responsibility across multiple locations
ESSENTIAL WORK EXPERIENCES (Requirements):
- 10 years of professional experience in Human Resources
- Experience providing HR support to a manufacturing or related business
- Experience as an HR Business Partner and driving business results through partnership with employees and impacting business results through human capital initiatives
- Experience in talent management including talent acquisition, succession planning, performance management and learning & development
- Experience in helping lead change management initiatives and activities with transforming organizations
- Exposure to union/management relations
- Minimum intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and internet research
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (Necessary Attributes):
- Business Acumen & Partnership – Demonstrated ability to understand the business and align HR activity to meet business and employee needs at both strategic and operational levels
- Delivers Results – Attentive to detail and demonstrated ability to deliver on accountabilities in order to help the business and the team be successful. Track record of high-performance
- Drive – Positive energy, ambitious, courageous, flexible but decisive, with the ability to take on continuous and complex business challenges in a fast-paced environment. Persistence to drive to solutions despite obstacles and/or competing priorities
- Emotional Maturity – Ability to withstand pressure and manage emotions effectively to create the right effect on people and organization
- Ethics & Integrity – High degree of personal integrity in all business dealings
- HR Functional Skill – General awareness, exposure, and understanding across most HR sub-disciplines with demonstrated strengths in business partnering
- Influencing & Engagement Skills – Ability to proactively engage and influence others at all levels, at times without formal authority. Confidence and ability to have critical conversations, if necessary
- Judgment/Decision-Making – Intelligent, with the ability to think through issues and make wise decisions, often without all facts and information or high levels of direction
- Problem-Solving & Opportunity Identification – Ability to frame clear problem statements and use objective information and data to help solve complex business challenges and generate options and solutions for business leaders. Identify opportunities for HR to contribute value to the business
- Teamwork/Collaboration – A great team player with a great attitude, good customer service orientation, and focused on delivering outstanding results to their clients and the business, overall
- Travel – Ability to travel up to 20% throughout domestic locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related discipline from accredited university (Advanced degree preferred)
- Professional Certification preferred
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.