Family Development Services' Infant Toddler Teacher will work together as Co-teachers to plan and implement developmentally and age appropriate classroom activities for young children that will improve their literacy, numeric, language, cognitive, fine and gross motor skills; improve positive attitudes toward learning, social behavior and emotional well-being as well as their physical health. This position ensures the health and safety of all children in his/her classroom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan and implement developmentally and age appropriate classroom activities for our Head Start children.
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment for our children.
- Have a demonstrated ability to manage a classroom and follow established curriculum and standard operating procedures.
- Communicate with parents regularly about their child’s progress.
Applicants must meet the following basic qualifications for consideration:
- Infant Toddler Child Development Associate Credential (CDA), Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related major with a minimum of 32 credit hours in Early Childhood Education with a focus on infant and toddler development required.
- Experience working with infants and toddlers
- Indiana State Licensing requires that the staff person in charge of the infant/toddler group shall be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Ability to collaborate, effectively facilitate change, communicate opening and effectively, delegate, be flexible, good time/project management, task driven, willingness to learn
- Abilities to, with or without reasonable accommodations: talk, hear, stand, reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; see up close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Applicants with the following qualifications are preferred:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Please click below to submit your application
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer