TEKsystems is seeking a Technical Infrastructure Manager for a client in the Indianapolis, IN area.
The IT Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of the infrastructure systems to meet the required SLA's for both the enterprise and customer facing operations. The ideal candidate will effectively manage multiple complex infrastructure systems and initiatives through careful coordination with a team of engineers/admins as well as business stakeholder groups.
The candidate will demonstrate practical technical leadership and oversight skills, and can engage at the strategic and management level while also getting involved as needed in tactical operations. The candidate should also have experience working within a global infrastructure, as well as experience leading a diverse team of engineers and administrators.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Management of infrastructure systems and initiatives within local, remote, cloud data centers, and widely distributed corporate network with the responsibility to ensure the various systems are stable, available, and reliable with the capability of meeting the goals and objectives of the business.
* Evaluate vendor proposals and negotiate terms. Hold vendors accountable for delivery and SLA terms.
* Serve as the liaison between the IT infrastructure team, operational departments, and other IT teams.
* Lead refresh and upgrade efforts.
* Manage employee and contractor engineering personnel.
* Report and communicate effectively to the Vice President of Infrastructure Services regarding all aspects of assigned projects, associated tasks, and related project recommendations.
* Successfully design, lead, and/or execute both small- and large-scale projects as needed and within specified budget restraints where required to meet established objectives.
* Develop plans, when required, to ensure: hardware and software upgrades, installs, changes, relocations, etc. are efficiently completed by the team as required.
* Recommend, plan, promote, manage, and enforce system and network security activities, policies and procedures.
* Recommend and implement new technologies and systems that will help in the improvement of the organization/business.
* Regularly work with other IT experts, consultants, programmers, etc., both internal and external to the company, as necessary.
* Manage, coordinate, and communicate on incidents and problems from inception to resolution, including root cause analysis; Drive continuous improvement for monitoring services and internal processes that encompass the completion of systems requests and production incidents.
* Create and maintain (and publish as necessary) documentation for various IT systems, networks, procedures, etc.
* Monitor and report on network and system performance and bandwidth requirements and provide proactive solutions for improvements and efficient resolution of any problems.
Directly accountable for the management of the following platforms:
* Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), HP, IBM Servers.
* Microsoft Active Directory and Network Services, such as DNS, DHCP, Network Policy and Access Services, Active Directory Federation Services.
* VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualization, and application delivery platforms.
* Amazon Cloud services, Office 365, Azure.
* Cloud Services Providers, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.