Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Put your skills and talents to work in an effort that is seriously shaping the way health care services are delivered. As an Inpatient Care Management Nurse at UnitedHealth Group, you will make sure our health services are administered efficiently and effectively. You'll assess and interpret member needs and identify solutions that will help our members live healthier lives. This is an inspiring job at a truly inspired organization. Ready to make an impact?
If you are located in Missouri, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Determine the appropriateness of inpatient services following evaluation of medical guidelines and benefit determination
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Translate concepts into practice
- Act as a resource for others; provide explanations and information on difficult issues
It feels great to have autonomy, and there's also a lot of responsibility that comes with it. In this role, you'll be accountable for making decisions that directly impact our members. And at the same time, you'll be challenged by leveraging technologies and resources in a rapidly changing, production-driven environment.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Unrestricted RN license required in State of Missouri
- Resident of Missouri
- 3+ years total RN experience including hands on clinical experience in an inpatient acute setting in ICU / CCU / ER / Medical-Surgical
- 1+ years of utilization review experience
- Live in a location that can receive high-speed internet service with a minimum speed of 5 download mps & 1 upload mps. (Mobile cellular data, e.g., fixed wireless, air cards / MiFi devices, and satellite are not approved means of internet connectivity and do not meet the criteria for high-speed internet connection through an Internet Service Provider.)
- Have a work space in their home that is separated from non-workspace areas and that can be secured to maintain Protected Health Information (PHI) and/ or Protected Information (PI)
- Demonstrate a proficiency in computer skills – windows, IM, excel (Microsoft suite), Outlook, clinical platforms
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Pre-authorization experience
- Case Management experience
- Knowledge of Milliman Criteria
- Managed Care experience
Join us and discover how a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities make a difference in the lives of patients. We're a place where leaders thrive, and innovation abounds. Seize this opportunity to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Inpatient Care Management Nurse RN, Utilization Management, RN, Nurse, Registered Nurse, Utilization Review, Case Management, Milliman, Managed Care, Pre-authorization, Kansas City, MO, Missouri, Work At Home, Remote, Work From Home, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Work from Home