KAR Auction Services (NYSE:KAR) is a global Fortune 1000 company headquartered in the Indianapolis suburb of Carmel, Indiana, with 17,600 employees across the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom. Our diverse team helps the world’s largest automotive manufacturers, fi¬nancial institutions, insurance companies and dealer groups buy, sell and trade used vehicles. Last year we facilitated 5.1 million transactions valued at over $40 billion through our physical, online, and digital/mobile auction marketplaces.
We power the world’s most trusted automotive marketplaces through innovation, technology and people.
KAR Global (NYSE: KAR) provides sellers and buyers across the global wholesale used vehicle industry with innovative, technology-driven remarketing solutions. KAR’s unique end-to-end platform supports whole car, financing, logistics and other ancillary and related services, including the sale of approximately 3.4 million units valued at more than $40 billion through our auctions in 2018. Our integrated physical, online and mobile marketplaces reduce risk, improve transparency and streamline transactions for customers in 76 countries. Headquartered in Carmel, Ind., KAR has more than 15,000 employees across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
Come join us in our BRAND NEW state-of-the-art corporate headquarters in Carmel, Indiana! Building amenities include full-service cafeteria, large fitness center (free access for full-time employees), on-site clinic (through OurHealth), outdoor working spaces and social hubs and focus rooms on every floor.
Expected Pay Range - $15.00 to $16.00/hour.
The Inside Transportation Specialist assists in the coordination of the movement of fleet lease, factory and consignment vehicles to and from the auction in accordance with corporate and CarsArrive guidelines and to ensure maximum production volume in the most profitable way possible.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide prompt and courteous service: both on the phone and in person. Demonstrate friendliness and proper phone etiquette with every customer. Maintain a business casual appearance and a neat work environment consistent with the ADESA Employee Handbook.
- Act as a point of contact for transportation for assigned auction(s) and ensure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention.
- Specialist is expected to follow the CarsArrive Manual of ADESA Processes to attain department goals.
- Properly dispatch loads for correct arrival time and location. Including coordinating with auction drivers to make sure vehicles are picked up in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow up with customers to make sure the load arrived safely and on time.
- Develop freight opportunities throughout the US and Canada and develop transport capability by facilitating contractor services.
- Negotiate contracts with sublet carriers and ensure compliance with all contractual customer, contractor, and supplier agreements.
- Recommend new customer services and procedures to the Online Operations Manager.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the TMS program at corp.
- Aid the CarsArrive team with the coordination of transportation activities between auction, customer, office and/or drivers to ensure the department can function in the most efficient, productive and profitable manner.
- Work with the CarsArrive Team and the corporate transportation department to reduce network costs and improve service.
- Ensure proper follow-through on all directives, bulletins, schedules and accounting from the CarsArrive team and corporate transportation department.
- Maintain a good flow of communication with CarsArrive team and all other related personnel.
- Report area conditions that may threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents to the Operations Manager or designated manager.
- Perform all duties assigned by the Online Operations Manager.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- One (1) to two (2) years experience in the transportation industry preferred but not required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.