Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As part of the Optum Enterprise Training team, you will develop curricula for front-line staff who are supporting our consumers, providers and payers. A typical curriculum will have a blended approach utilizing instructor-led and self-paced learning content.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Project Discovery & Customer Experience Management
- Collaborate and consult with subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Communicate proactively to provide project status updates to supervisor and SMEs
- Project Management
- Create project plan and ensure your tasks are delivered on schedule and within scope
- Manage project within established scope, timeline and quality standards
- Design & Development
- Work with project manager or supervisor to design learning and communication approaches
- Design and develop self-paced learning, instructor-led and eLearning
- Implementation Support & Measurement
- Participate in internal continuous improvement efforts by offering ideas and creative solutions to improve policies, processes and tools
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 3+ years of experience in Instructional Design, Training, Modern Learning concepts and application
- Experience working with Microsoft Word including the use of styles and tables
- Experience working with PowerPoint to create and edit slides as well as using existing templates
- Experience developing performance-based training content at a faster-than-industry pace
- Baseline Project Management experience
- Ability to travel - likely to be less than 5% of the year
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor’s Degree
- SharePoint experience
- WebEx experience
- Experience designing and developing training for adults within a corporate environment
- Healthcare experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Instructional Designer, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home, Telecommuter