UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Part of Learning Solutions, our Instructional Design team is responsible for applying instructional design and development principles and processes to produce effective, engaging and innovative programs to support our internal operations business segments. As a member of this team, you will partner to determine and propose performance improvement solutions, including training or other activities to ensure learning transfer occurs and performance gaps are met. Our design team conducts needs assessment and skills analysis for the business functions we support. We then use the analysis to design and develop training and performance-support solutions. Your primary goal is to ensure learning transfer occurs and to successfully address performance gaps.
As an Instructional Designer, you will apply innovative and creative strategies including but not limited to web-based tutorials, documented procedures, audio and video vignettes, instructor-led materials, and simulations using various technology tools. In this role, you may act as a project manager over smaller efforts or be part of a design team with focus on larger efforts that may include a dedicated project manager.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges
- Applies a flexible approach to curriculum design, re-design and development
- Participates in the planning, development, and evaluation of learning programs from new hire training materials supporting ongoing learning and professional development of our operations’ learner audiences
- Defines learning objectives
- Accepts responsibilities as needed in defining process and standards
- Builds collaborative partnerships with peers, others in Learning Solutions, and with business partners
- Keen eye towards how the solutions support a positive learner experience
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of experience working in a learning & development function
- Experience conducting learning analysis and writing learning objectives
- Experience creating immersive learning concepts
- Experience with Storyline, Camtasia, or equivalent online learning development tools
- Experience incorporating multiple media elements into learning programs including audio, video, animation, simulation, and self-developed graphics
- Experience producing quality results using iterative development models and tools
- Knowledge of principles of adult learning and needs assessment techniques
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Undergraduate Degree or higher in instructional design or related field
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Excel
- Proficient skill with MS PowerPoint and Word
- Solid analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving and fact-based decision-making abilities
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Sound time management, planning skills and working on multiple projects at a time
- Group facilitation and presentation skills
- Serves as a resource to others
- Ability to work through ambiguity
- Ability to comprehend complex topics /specialized information and simplify for learner
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Instructional Designer, Training, OD, Organizational Development, Sr. Instructional Designer, Trainer, Learning and Development, Organizational Development Specialist, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home, Work at home, UHC, UnitedHealthcare, Minneapolis, MN, Minnesota, Chicago, IL, Illinois, Atlanta, GA, Georgia, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona