What we do:
We fuel the entrepreneurial dream in our community through our people, products, and our four values that drive every business decision and customer interaction:
Elevating relationships | Vision-driven | Powered by passion | Dedicated to you
For more than 30 years, we’ve been committed to making dreams come true for independent dealers. AFC’s finance solutions provide liquidity to more than 12,000 independent dealers across North America freeing up cash flow to give them more time to focus on building their business. Our solutions amplify dealers purchasing power so they can stock their lot with the vehicles their customers demand.
Who we are:
With our people-first culture, AFC believes in creating an environment where employees look forward to work each day. Plus, AFC’s committed to helping each employee develop their own career dream. With cross-team and cross-KAR company development opportunities, employees are able to pursue any position of interest.
We’re looking for:
AFC is seeking an individual who elevates relationships while assisting the AFC Branch locations in delivering our financial services to customers (dealers). This individual’s core responsibility is to identify and communicate dealer risk issues and trends through the reconciliation of Dealer floorplan audits. During this process, the Inventory Audit Specialist is the primary contact for AFC customers and Field teams for reconciling assigned audits. They will also be responsible for contacting third parties, such as auctions, service shops and finance companies, to determine the disposition of AFC floorplanned units. The Inventory Audit Specialist will evaluate and communicate audit findings and performance to AFC Risk Management and Field teams while assisting them in determining action plans to rehabilitate unsatisfactory performance where necessary.
As an Inventory Lot Audit Specialist you’ll:
- Develop a thorough understanding of AFC policies, processes and procedures relative to the Dealer Floorplan Audit process.
- Support AFC Risk Mitigation by communicating daily with AFC customers, third parties and AFC personnel to reconcile dealer flooplan audits, including regular follow up to determine the dispositon of unverified and sold units identified from lot audits.
- Document and store relevant and accurate audit findings, audit-related documentation and information in AFC applications, including Revoquest, PAW, COSMOS and Sales Force.
- Regularly utilize AFC dealer reporting tools (i.e. Tableau, PAW, RADAR) during theaudit reconciliation process to identify and report risk issue indicators to Corporate Risk staff and Field Teams.
- Communicate potential problematic account situations to audit team management, Corporate Risk staff and Field Teams in a timely manner. Assist in developing a coordinated response to help resolve the dealer risk issues identified through the audit process.
- Communicate audit process feedback and expectations to internal and external customers to help improve performance and compliance with AFC policies with the focus on prompt, accurate, and courteous service. Provide feedback to audit team management on trends relating to AFC audit process and policy.
- Identify and document any issues with sub-contractors who perform the Auditing in the US and Canada, and escalate to management as appropriate
- Assist in the training of new and existing staff on AFC audit policy and procedures.
- Use spreadsheets and other automated or manual processes to prepare required documentation and reports.
- Travel and other duties as needed and/or assigned.
Educational Requirements & Qualifications:
- Some post high school course work in related field is preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years of relevant experience required. At least one (1) year of collection experience preferred.
- Familiarity with concepts, procedures and processes typically used in automotive and financial services industries.
- Preparation or review of documents and reports using Microsoft Office based products, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools and internal work queues are major components of the position.
- Strong desire to elevate relationship and be vision-driven through problem solving.
- Good organizational, clerical and verbal communication skills. Must have proficient numeric ability and reasoning.
- Telephone, computer literacy, software competencies, specifically standard or custom financial systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook along with internet.
- Motor vehicle operator (required); notary (desired). Occasional local travel.
Position requires walking, sitting, and standing. Driving personal automobile to customer premises or supported auctions may be required for the purpose of verifying make/model/VIN of automobiles or conducting other AFC business development activities.
Working with the best in the industry:
AFC is proud to be a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, Inc. AFC’s core business complements the other business units within the KAR Auction Services group of companies, including ADESA auctions, TradeRev, PAR North America, AutoVIN, LiveBlock Auctions International, Preferred Warranties, Inc. (PWI), and many more. This diversity allows KAR Global to provide a full spectrum of services – from whole car and salvage to financing, remarketing, technology, and inspection/repair services.
For more information about KAR Global and its affiliated companies, visit KARGlobal.com.