ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF):
Fulfills fiduciary responsibilities of KeyBank by providing expert trust administration and counsel to High Net Worth clients and their beneficiaries. Within the relationship management team, collaborates effectively and provides insights and solutions to attract, retain and grow clients who require complex strategies to protect, grow and transition personal and family wealth. Actively manages trust and agency accounts, in accordance with established policies and procedures, to a high professional standard. Retains and deepens profitable client relationships within assigned revenue base. Actively produces new revenue both as a team member and individually to meet production goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains deep expertise in fiduciary, investment, tax, and other related wealth issues.
- Designs and delivers sophisticated fiduciary solutions, using relationship team model, to high net worth clients with complex financial needs.
- Fulfills Key's fiduciary responsibilities, ensuring retention of business and reputation
- Advises Relationship Managers (RMs) and other partners on internal fiduciary issues.
- Administers complex fiduciary accounts and assigned agency accounts.
- Analyzes and interprets legal instruments to determine duties and responsibilities of bank.
- Identifies and resolves potential trust and estate tax- related issues.
- Applies sound fiduciary judgment to trust matters.
- Works with Investment Sales Specialitsts (ISSs) and RMs to retain and expand existing client relationships.
- Reviews client estate planning and trust documents and advises RMs, attorneys, etc. on recommended changes.
- Anticipates and advises clients on evolving financial goals and objectives.
- Executes, through the Comprehensive Practice Management process, prioritized pro- active client contacts, per service standards.
- Maintains compliance with all internal policies and procedures, as well as, with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Mitigates risk on individual book of business.
- Assumes accountability for all delegated work on assigned accounts.
- Meets or exceeds individual sales goals and contributes significantly to attaining team sales goals.
- Participates in relationship reviews as fiduciary expert on high net worth teams.
- Identifies and prioritizes trust and other opportunities to deepen relationships and enhance revenue.
- In collaboration with team members, presents ideas and solutions to clients and prospects.
- Participates with other team members or leads in the closing of new business.
- Participates in professional associations to demonstrate professional credibility and expand COI relationships.
- Meets and engages with clients, prospective clients, attorneys, accountants, consultants, and co- fiduciaries.
- Fosters close business relationships to develop client loyalty and new business opportunities.
- Creates and executes on opportunities to showcase as subject- matter- expert presenter.
- Enhance Key's reputation with high net worth individuals and their influencers.
- Serves as on- site business lead for urgent matters in cases where functional management is remote.
- Supports business objectives through active advocacy and behavioral adoption.
- Promotes professional team atmosphere that encourages open expression of ideas and opinions leading to successful sales environment.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of Key's investment process and results.
- Participates in KeyCorp's commitment to community.
- Ten plus years trust administration and fiduciary advisory services experience or equivalent work experience.
- Strong preference for JD, active registration with State Bar Association and relevant practice experience.
- Undergraduate degree in business related field or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to advance business success of his/her sales and client servicing team through personal contribution.
- Expert management and relationship skills for high net worth business.
- Applied knowledge of investments/securities in support of sales and client servicing.
- Completion of Cannon Trust Schools I, II and III or equivalent knowledge from other industry training or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience as author of published industry articles, preferred.
- Prior experience as a professional subject- matter- expert presenter, preferred.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.