Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager and general contractor that provides leadership for complex commercial building projects. We are currently accepting applications for seasoned Labor Foreman wanting to advance their construction careers. The ideal candidate would have 5 years experience and knowledge of commercial construction and remodeling practices as well as a comprehensive understanding of procedures, techniques, tools, equipment, materials, specifications, quality and cost control measures and safety requirements associated with commercial building.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Daily time and production entries
- Managing deliveries to the project
- Planning of all Laborer activities
- Planning of Demolition activities
- Education and training for personal/professional growth
Responsibilities and management of which may include, but are not limited to:
• General and final cleanup
• Distribution / cleanup of power hand-tools / extension cords / generators
• Dewatering activities / set-up water pumps and hoses
• Manual moving of formwork, lumber, resteel and material / accessories
• Hand excavation and backfill
• Hand grade sub-base
• Place vapor barrier / board insulation
• Place and tie resteel
• Placing concrete from a truck, pump, bucket, buggy, conveyor, etc.
• Rake concrete / screed concrete / edge concrete / broom finish concrete
• Vibrate concrete
• Place concrete blankets
• Strip/ wreck, clean and oiling of formwork
• General / selective demolition of masonry, drywall, plaster, partitions of all types, ceilings of all types, finishes of all types
• Use of demolition tools: jack hammer, air tools, sledge hammer, etc.
• Use of cutoff saw
• Use a cutting torch
• Other tasks as directed by supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of five years’ experience in all phases of commercial construction
- Candidates must have transportation and good communication skills
- Be willing to work within a 50 mile radius
- OHSA 30 hour preferred
- Be able to work in a variety of seasonal and weather conditions
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth.
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
We maintain a drug free work place with pre-employment and random substance abuse testing. Inquiries are held and managed in the strictest confidence. We respect and honor your need for private and confidential communications when searching for a new position.
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.