Basic Summary of Position:
Responsible for being the lead clinician role in a physical therapy clinic, upholding the core values of ATI and overall patient and employee satisfaction. The Lead Clinician oversees all scheduling of patients, clinic staff and coordinates staff vacations, staff scheduling, and provides feedback to the regional director regarding the staff and clinical operations of the clinic to optimize the operation of the clinic in accordance with the standards set by corporate management. The Lead Clinician develops relationships with referring physicians and potential referring physicians.
Job Contacts: Patients, clinic employees, physicians, nurse case managers, adjustors, patient family, compliance department
Accountability/Impact: Ability to provide a comprehensive evaluation of a patient and develop a patient care plan. Prescribe appropriate manual therapy and exercise progressions, delegate to a qualified individual. Documentation is fully compliant per payer type in a timely manner.
Internal Controls: Documentation or chart review
1. Schedule new patients on appropriate PT schedules for evaluations.
2. Provide patient treatment according to referral and visit volume demands.
3. Monitor all patient discharges in alignment with Company standards of care.
4. Daily monitoring of patient visits, cancellations, and FIRST™ work conditioning program visits.
5. Daily monitoring of referrals, noting trend of where referrals are coming from.
6. Conduct monthly Medicare patient chart reviews to ensure chart compliance under Medicare law.
7. Handle all patient issues making calls to Regional Directors.
8. Attend networking events with Business Development team and physicians.
9. Advise staff on treatment options to assure positive outcomes for all patients.
10. Responsible for overseeing training for all clinic staff within assigned clinic.
11. Responsible for processing and sending PTO and Continuing Education Requests to Regional Director.
12. The ability to provide feedback to the regional director regarding yearly/quarterly reviews.
13. Ensure every patient receives a thorough, comprehensive, and customized physical therapy regimen, while receiving a unique experience.
14. Provide a written and hands on evaluation and immediate treatment of incoming patient conditions to determine appropriate physical treatment programs, and consult with Clinic Director or referring physicians regarding diagnosis.
15. Ongoing scheduling of patients to ensure fluid treatment progression.
16. Develop and implement Physical Therapy treatment programs based on each patient's particular needs.
17. Assist patients with all phases of Physical Therapy treatment and techniques to include: - exercise instruction (both in-clinic and take home instruction) - manual therapy techniques - modalities - activities of daily living - functional/total body progressions
18. Discuss treatment with patients and record patient conditions and responses to treatments in patient’s medical record after each visit.
19. Complete daily patient care notes, progress notes, discharge notes and other required forms as requested by treating physicians, rehab nurses or insurance companies. 20. Ensure daily treatment notes for all patients are complete prior to end of day.
21. Consult with Clinic Director or referring physicians regarding patient diagnosis, and communicate changes via progress notes.
22. Provide continuous communication with referring physicians, Physical Therapy Assistants and Athletic Trainers regarding patient therapy and equipment.
23. Communicate with Physical Therapy Assistants and Athletic Trainers regarding re-evaluation findings to continually modify and update treatment programs.
24. Operate and apply knowledge of standard physical therapy equipment.
25. Complete weekly Caseload tool within assigned timeframes.
26. Accurately document treatments rendered in the appropriate patient’s medical record.
27. Ensure billing amounts on daily notes match treatment time and that all units of treatment are accounted for.
28. Ensure billing is accurate and complete prior to signing off on the daily note in accordance with Company policy, state practice act, and federal regulations, including but not limited to HIPAA, Medicare and Medicaid.
29. Review and co-sign notes of all patients treated by auxiliary personnel under PT’s direct supervision.
30. Ensure all patients are discharged with a positive outcome and experience or have been proactively referred to the next step to address limitations and/or complaints originally presented.
31. Follow-up with discharged patients, maintaining Company’s service standards.
32. Participate in monthly meetings/caseload rounds with Clinic Director to review CPM scores and review patient comment surveys.
33. Attend and participate in all focus of the day meetings.
34. The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees.
35. The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
36. Ability to comply with ATI standards of operations.
37. Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company.
1. Conduct monthly individual meetings with all staff members, upon request and direction of regional director.
2. Conduct monthly all-staff clinic meeting, upon request and direction of regional director.
3. Complete payroll, scheduling, and time off requests for all clinic staff, upon request and direction of regional director.
4. Maintain current knowledge of all clinic staff roles and continuing trends in the industry.
5. Attend continuing educational courses to obtain advanced clinical skills.
6. Maintain cleanliness of clinic and treatment areas.
7. Assistance in answering phones and providing intake forms to new patients.
8. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
1. Set up flow sheet and treatment programs for use by Athletic Trainers and Physical Therapy Assistants.
2. Oversee Technicians in setting up modalities on patients.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education: Master's or Doctorate of Physical Therapy Degree
Appropriate state licensure, certification or registration (per state requirements),current, and in good standing
Skills and Abilities: Action Oriented; Approachability; Building Effective Teams; Business Acumen Career Ambition; Comfort around Higher Management; Command Skills; Composure; Conflict Management; Creativity; Customer Service Skills; Dealing with Ambiguity; Delegation; Drive for Results; Listening; Microsoft Office; Organize and manage multiple priorities; Interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills; Presentation skills; Problem solving; Team player; Time management; Timely decision making; and Commitment to company values.Working Conditions:Travel Required: As needed based on patient / clinic needsHours Required: As needed per offer letter