Location: New York, NY
Duration: 12 Months Plus
The Database Engineer plays a critical role within the Digital Service Delivery organization. This individual will lead large initiatives, be responsible for gathering requirements through feature requests from our development partners, perform analysis and implementation of database designs, provide consulting, and drive the best practice, governance, and standards of Database Engineering in client
Client is looking for a candidate who can help us solve problems, build and maintain our databases, and lead client in Database automation and best practices.
Database Engineering (DE) supports client Business Systems and Operations across the globe. As part of Technology Operations, DE drives the database engineering best practice, governance and standards in client. As a Sr. Engineer part of the Digital Service Delivery team, candidate will leverage your knowledge and skills to deploy and manage various database technologies in Test and Production environments for global products ranging from Developer APIs to Digital Checkout to client Tokenization.
Major Accountabilities for this role:
- Managing wide variety databases, particularly must be highly experienced in database backup and recovery, performance tuning, and high availability configuration. Database technologies include (but are not limited to): Oracle, MS-SQL Server, PostgreSQL, DB2, Cassandra, Redis. The ideal candidate should have experience in more than one database technology.
- Forward thinking infrastructure automation and scripting skills.
- Leads in managing client’s expectations and communicates proactively.
- Requires little supervision while identifying tasks associated with responsibilities
- Collaborates with other DBAs, participates in internal projects and leads some initiatives.
- Provide DBA suggestions and input on direction for database domain strategy.
- Guides and provides direction for use of best practices and application database solutions to client’s development teams.
- Reviews new tools and products that assist in providing database support and services.
- Plans and coordinates data migrations between systems.