Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Are you passionate about technology? Obsessed with customer delight? Are you a team builder, a team player, a leader extraordinaire? Do you find yourself constantly looking for ways to do better, be better and build better software?
Here at Optum, our Product Engineering team is looking for an exceptional Lead Software Engineer with an insatiable appetite for continuous improvement and innovation. We are looking for a DevOps missionary to take software concepts from paper to production and beyond; to drive relentlessly excellent customer support in production for an always-on suite of products with a global user base. If this sounds like you, the United Data Mining and Coordination of Benefits team at Optum in Franklin, TN is waiting, so read on.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with Business, Technical and Strategic Product to make and meet project commitments in an agile framework; rapidly delivering value to our customers via technology solutions
- Lead and contribute to the applications’ technology stack and drive modern solutions to complex problems
- Lead design and development of resilient, reliable, scalable and self-healing solutions to meet and exceed customer requirements
- Ensure that all parts of the application eco system are thoroughly and effectively covered with telemetry
- Eliminate “churn” and “waste” via automation of menial tasks
- Collaborate with leaders across partner-teams to build cohesive and optimal solutions
- Communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written forms, and be able to present and demonstrate work to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Assist Delivery Manager in interviewing to build a team
- Mentor all members of the engineering team to develop and perform as highly as possible
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of writing unit or integration tests
- 2+ years of production experience with cloud technologies
- IT full-stack engineering experience
- Deep experience working with teams that leveraged three or more of the following: continuous integration / continuous delivery tools, REST API development, serverless architecture, containerization, IaC, public / private cloud, web applications, web services, application observability and/or messaging / stream architecture
- Expert understanding of software engineering and processes: design patterns, algorithms, data structures, schemas and queries, system design, unit testing, code reviews, agile and dev-ops, as well as industry patterns for application architecture and integration
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Local to Franklin, TN
- Instrumenting apps and creating effective alarms and dashboards
- Log indexing tools (e.g. ELK stack, Datadog, Splunk, Sumologic)
- SRE principles (error budgets, alarming practices, etc.)
- Healthcare domain background
- Development experience in C#, OpenShift, Cloud, Helm, Kubernetes, React, Message Queues
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Lead Software Engineer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Development, Computer Programmer, Computer Programming, Web Developer, Web Development, Application Developer, Application Development, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Franklin, TN, Tennessee