* Prepare, review and process patent and/or trademark registration applications, filings and renewals
* Prepare, review, proofread and process patent or trademark prosecution documents
* Works closely with attorney/paralegal team to develop, implement and maintain processes, procedures and policies for trademark, patent and/or patent litigation work flow
* Process daily incoming and outgoing correspondence, including with outside counsel, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, foreign patent offices, and clients
* Draft and carefully proofread correspondence, transmittal documents, and other documents necessary to the practice to ensure accuracy; track and obtain signatures when required
* Pays scrupulous attention to docketing dates and ensures that deadlines are met or brought to the attention of attorneys; carefully monitors work flow of matters to ensure timely handling
* May provide administrative support in opposition, interference, infringement, and related proceedings.
* Exhibits outstanding client service in greeting guests, talking to clients, preparing correspondence, answering questions, and ensuring that matters proceed through the pre-defined administrative process
* Manages client contacts, electronic mail, and print and electronic documents
* May prepare exhibits and other materials for intellectual property litigation
* May perform IP-litigation related tasks, such as arranging and scheduling depositions; preparing trial notebooks; filing pleadings; keeping track of the litigation calendar on numerous different matters; preparing materials and exhibits for trial; and other administrative tasks related to Patent/Trademark litigation
* May conduct factual research for patent/trademark matters
* Enter and review time charges; may review and edit final client invoices for accuracy
* Create, organize, maintain, and close files in accordance with prescribed internal policies
* Prioritize work, being flexible and efficient when priorities change
* Carefully monitor deadlines, being proactive in assuring that deadlines are met
* Work collaboratively with other IP team members to assure that work is completed, deadlines met and department needs are met
* Process and track requests for payments and reimbursements
* May occasionally perform paralegal (IP Specialist) duties; however, primary role is providing clerical and administrative support for attorneys and/or paralegals
- 1+ year/s in Intellectual Property (Since 2015)
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.