NOW OFFERING UP TO $5,500 SIGN ON BONUS!!!
Rose Senior Living - Carmel seeks a part-time (Night shift) Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join its team. Rose Senior Living - Carmel is developed and owned by Edward Rose & Sons, known for creating amenity-rich communities where people can appreciate comfortable and affordable living in beautiful settings. Partnering with Edward Rose & Sons is Ecumen, a not-for-profit organization that has grown to be one of the most innovative leaders in senior housing and services, empowering individuals to live richer and fuller lives. The Carmel, Indiana, location will consist of 159 units: 69 independent living rental apartment homes, 60 assisted living rental apartment homes and 30 residences for seniors requiring memory care services.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing nursing care to residents, including medications and treatment, administration, documentation, and other therapeutic interventions under the direction of the Director of Nursing/Clinical Director. Provides direction to nursing assistants, resident assistants, trained medication assistants, and other clinical staff on unit/shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides nursing care to residents within the scope of practice of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- Responsible for coordination and direction of resident care. Coordinates care and services with other departments/providers from the time of admission to discharge.
- Assists Registered Nurse with completion of assessments, documentation, and data collection within scope of practice and acting timely on findings.
- Administers medications and completes treatments as ordered. Observes and monitors resident’s condition and reports changes as appropriate. Ensures that all physicians’ orders are signed and implemented within specified time frames.
- Maintains safety of all residents and employees. Responds appropriately to safety hazards and reports any issues to the appropriate person. Ensures that all staff follows the infection control policy and procedure.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary, safe and efficiently organized work area.
- Demonstrates a high level of respect and a cooperative attitude with co-workers.
- Pro-actively and professionally communicates information to others.
- Provide superior customer service to other departments.
- Preserves confidential information through following HIPAA guidelines.
- Constantly customer focused by providing excellent service, encouraging and respecting customer’s individuality and treating people with dignity and respect.
- Additional duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing for the Licensed Practical Nurse program
- Current LPN licensure in the state in which they are working.
- Up to 2 years’ experience as LPN.
- Proven Leadership abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations.
- Must work well both individually and as part of a team through respect, collaboration, and dedication.
- Ability to successfully interact with a diverse customer base.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrates positive attitude, high integrity and ethical awareness.
- Successful completion of health screening.
- Previous experience providing senior care / healthcare setting is preferred.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the supervisor or other management personnel.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.