TMC Transportation is the nation's largest employee-owned, open deck transportation company. Founded in 1972, and headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, TMC provides expert transportation services and supply-chain management solutions throughout the 48 contiguous states. If you're seeking a rewarding career at a dynamic company built on integrity, innovation and dedication to quality and customer service, then join us in our Destination of Excellence.
- Competitive Salary + monthly bonus incentives
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Ownership - ESOP!
TMC Transportation has an immediate full-time opening for a First Team Lead working out of our office in Brownsburg, IN.
The First Team Lead is responsible to assist in the leadership, growth, and development of a TMC Logistics Branch. They will be accountable for either the development of profitable customers, or quality carriers, as well as exceptional people. Accountable for embodying and demonstrating the core values of Quality, Integrity and Continuous Improvement. This is accomplished by utilizing communication, organizational, creativity skills to maximize revenue potential while meeting customer service/operational requirements and organizational goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of individuals that will be key players in the success and growth of the center.
- Successfully build strong partnerships with internal and external customers or carriers. Coach, train, and motivate Logistics Sales Representatives or Carrier Sales Specialists, and any other people in roles that may be developed.
- Mentor, Delegate and Elevate direct reports
- Communicate daily and weekly information vital to the success of the branch back to the GM with regards to challenges, successes, and general information with accounts, people and processes.
- Help resolve any challenges that may arise concerning the successful execution of the load from tendering, delivering, receivables, and payment of carrier or customer.
- Update all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and any other necessary tasks that enhance improvement to the success of the branch.
- Perform performance appraisals on all direct reports.
- Assist team to improve, develop and grow customer or carrier commitments.
- Assist team in monthly reviews with Customers or Carriers, award and/or discipline Carriers in regards to their service.
- Begin learning and assisting in the management of the branch P&L, branch budgeting and annual branch planning
- Four-year degree, preferably in Transportation and Logistics, and/or relevant experience in transportation or related field.
- Two years' experience in a 3PL environment preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) products.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced work environment and tolerate stress
- Ability to plan and organize, attention to detail, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical requirements and work environment described is representative of those present while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to sit and use telephone and computer, simultaneously, for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly in a high volume telephone environment.