Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this role you will have a great opportunity to provide data science and machine learning solutions on an adhoc basis to teams within OptumInsight and key Life Sciences area.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work alongside other data scientists, engineers, and project managers to design and implement models and experiments from end to end, including data ingestion and preparation, feature engineering, analysis and modeling, model deployment, performance tracking and documentation
- Improve and extend the analytic methods in our products
- Conduct hands-on data analysis and predictive analytics on large datasets
- Effectively communicate complex technical results to business partners
- Support and drive analytic efforts around machine learning and innovation
- Work with a great deal of autonomy to find solutions to complex problems
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics or STEM related technical field
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in in developing with machine learning, deep learning and/or NLP(w M/L) (Can be business/corporate/internship experience and/or academic) – if academic M/L projects must be clearly defined within resume
- Experience in advanced data science tools such as Python, Spark, SQL
- Experience applying computational algorithms and statistical methods to structured data (unstructured data highly desired)
- Experience breaking down and clearly defining problems
- Experience communicating highly technical results to a diverse audience
- Experience and comfort working as part of a team, as opposed to solo projects
- Telecommute is available BUT preference given to Eden Prairie/Minneapolis/MN or Boston, MA or willing to relocate to these two locations
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: data science, NLP, Natural Language Processing, M/L, machine learning, Python, Spark, telecommute, remote, work from home, Boston, MA, Massachusetts, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota