Responsible for the coordination of automated and manual mailing and binding activities. These include but are not limited to insertion, document converting, addressing, tabbing, fulfillment, binding, mail sortation and preparation of electronic files and documentation required by the USPS for processing and delivery of large bulk mailings.
1. Coordinates and leads production staff required to carry out departmental functions, and to meet standards for quality, timeliness, and cost effectiveness.
2. Schedules jobs within the department to ensure that work is completed within allotted time frames.
3. Has an understanding of the specialized mailing preparation software to convert electronic files provided by the IT Division into files in the acceptable formats required for electronic mail induction.
4. Has a working knowledge and ability to setup, maintain, and operate the automated mailing equipment, as needed.
5. Has an understanding of USPS required automated mail entry documentation.
6. Has an understanding of USPS regulations pertaining to address quality, barcodes, and mail sortation.
7. Utilizes mail processing software to create the required mailing labels and documents to enable automated processing of parcels prepared as part of the DMS fulfillment process.
8. Works with mailing logistics companies to ensure that mail is transported to bulk mail processing. Coordinates and stages mail to be shipped to USPS destinations for local mail entry.
9. Works with USPS staff to ensure that mail is processed according to USPS standards and is acceptable for delivery.
10. Orders and maintains inventory of all mailing and shipping supplies needed to adequately conduct large shipping jobs like Legion and SAL Membership Cards and DMS new member fulfillment.
11. Maintains inventory of janitorial supplies, inkjet supplies, and tabbing supplies needed in the production area.
12. Processes daily mail through the postage meter and shipping of packages through USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
13. Attends USPS training and continuing education sessions.
14. Prepares detailed tracking reports to show progress on the jobs, machine usage and staff productivity.
15. Keeps work areas in a neat and orderly manner.
16. Provides back support on the production floor in times of heavy volume or reduced staffing.
17. Other duties as assigned.